A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ronald Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ronald Alvarez is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alvarez
Migraines Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about migranes, a neurological disorder that causes tension headaches and nausea.Before Visiting Dr. Alvarez Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ronald Alvarez, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 29 areas:
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Tumor (Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
- Clinical Research
- Female Genital Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Lymphatic Metastasis
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 13 awards.
Dr. Alvarez has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- Uab Medical West
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ronald D Alvarez MD is a male Obstetrician & Gynecologist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Ronald D. Alvarez practice?
- Dr. Ronald Alvarez has 1 office location.
Dr. Ronald Alvarez practices Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Obstetricians & Gynecologists.