Dr. Ronald Groat MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 15th, 2016
CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS...
Dr Groat changed my life. He is very astute, thorough, listens carefully, compassionate, realistic, and will hang in there with you for as long as it takes to make a difference. I was depressed for over 50 years of my life. Thanks to Dr Groat, it has now been three years since I have been healed. How can you really thank someone for giving you your life back?

January 28th, 2016
Have been seeing him for about 20 years. He is a great and compassionate doctor. Highly recommend.

November 16th, 2015
Great Doctor, very experience and very nice.

October 7th, 2012
Grandmother of a patient of his
I beleive he is a pill pusher and is not able to help his patients other than push pills that keep them coming in instead of figuring out the real problem. If some of his patients have been coming for 20 years he is not doing his job.

June 8th, 2012
the best
Dr Groat is the best psychiatrist ever. I have seen many a Doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist and therapist over the years. After my first appointment with Dr Groat, I knew I found someone who has the skill, knowledge and compassion to be one of the best!

January 10th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Groat for 20 years. When I first went to him I was suffering from depression brought on by the bad economy in 1992 and the problems in my business. I wasn't sleeping well, had very negitive thoughts and I wanted to cry alot. I was hurting. Dr. Groat got me taking medications that helped me and within a short time I was able to cope with the situation. I would recommend him to anyone, he is a great doctor.

December 30th, 2011
He's the best!
Dr. Groat is an excellent physician because he can diagnosis and treat mental problems with the best suited medication and he gets great results that make you feel better so you can get on with your life - and that is what it is all about!

October 5th, 2011
Exceptional doctor. Treats me with respect.
I've suffered from anxiety disorder for over 30 years. I have been seeing Dr. Groat for the past 12 years. In my experience, he has been the most knowledgeable, down to earth and non-egotistical psychiatrist I've seen - hence why I've stayed with him. When it comes to understanding psychiatric medication and how it may interact with other medication, he is "the" expert in his field. He has always treated me with dignity and respect. In comment to the negative feedback he got from another patient, Dr. Groat is a doctor of medicine. He is not a therapist who is going to help you disect and figure out all of your personal problems. I seek the help of a good licensed psychologist when I'm not feeling good about myself or my circumstances. He will however, work with you to figure out the right medication(s), dosages, and side effect management.

September 21st, 2011
I have been going to him for probably 20 plus years. I think he is a great doctor. I have no negative issues with him at all. The only negative is when trying to set up an appointment I usually have to deal with recorded messages and certain windows of times when you can make an appointment. That can be frustrating. Once I am at the office however everyone is pleasant and fairly efficient at the front desk.

May 5th, 2011
I found Dr. Groat to be egotistical, he would often take phone calls from other patients during my appointment, he would often argue with me and made me feel like I was worthless.

October 16th, 2008
BEST OF THE BEST
WHAT EVERY DOCTOR SHOULD BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!