Urologic Surgery (GU Oncology)
Video profile
Shadyside
Department of Urology
5200 Centre Ave
Ste 209
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
412-605-3000
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by joe deboth on Jan 17th, 2014

I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2001. Had a very thorough discussion with the doctor and was convinced that he was the Dr I should have. The surgery went without a hitch. The recovery time was approx 12 weeks until I felt like there was no surgery. In my opinion, Dr. Hrebinko is the best. I've been cancer free for the past 12 1/2 years. I thank God that He sent me through research by others to Dr. Hrebinko. Thank you Dr. Hrebinko!

|  Patient  |  show details
by Ronald Barus on Mar 22nd, 2013

Everyone should have a chance to talk with Dr. Hrebinko before they chose radiation or surgery. I was already scheduled for robot surgery with another surgeon before I visited with Dr. Hrebinko. Before I left his office I knew he was now my choice to do my surgery not using a robot to do a thorough and more hands on surgery. I am thankful to have known others who had Dr. Hrebinko due their surgery successfully that I got my appointment and went to get a different approach to my problem and how he would take care of my issue. Thank you Tina ,Matteo and Mark. Don't make a decision before you talk with Dr. Hrebinko. Thank you Dr. Hrebinko.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Stephen D. Smith on Feb 28th, 2013

Dr. Hrebinko is the best urologist on the east coast. I am from Altoona and the doctors here hold him in the utmost respect. I had a misdiagnosis from a local doctor. Doctor Hrebinko made the right diagnosis. I will now only be using his services even though it means a two hour drive one way..........

|  They don't come any better.  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

I am fortunate to have known Dr. Hrebinko since he was a resident at the University of Pittsburgh. When I was diagnosed with bladder cancer, Dr. Costa got me an appointment with Dr. Hrebinko. We went over everything so that I knew what to expect. The surgery to remove my bladder and prostate was uneventful. Dr. Hrebinko made me a neobladder which functions well. He is a great guy and I Thank God every day for him.

|  Prostrate Cancer  |  show details
by Bill Sullivan on Jun 15th, 2012

Excellent Doctor-----could not have more satisfied with Dr Hrebinko, his staff and UPMC/Shadyside Hospital!

|  William Pearce  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

Super doctor.. Prostate cancer and removed. I have been very happy with results so far...getting my PSA taken today?? But after only 25 days from operation to intercourse even he was pleased:-) The only bad experience was sulfa prescription by one of his subordinates, I can not take sulfa but she gave it to me.. Bill

Dec 28th, 2011

My overall experience was positive. Dr. Hrebinko spent time with me during my very first appointment to go over test results and discuss options and his recommendations. He is caring and professional...would highly recommend. I had complete confidence in him.

Oct 2nd, 2010

perfect

Aug 18th, 2010

My mother was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma by Dr. Hrebinko. He was wonderful at keeping our entire family informed. He has a wonderful bedside manner, and he doesn't talk over your head, nor does he condescend. He offered very thorough explanations of procedures and all care given to my mother. Mom is cancer-free thanks to Dr. Hrebinko's excellent care!

|  satisfied patient  |  show details
by joe mastropietro on Nov 17th, 2009

very good dr. i thank god i was refered to him.

Sep 16th, 2009

My experience with Dr. Hrebinko was very positive. From the first appointment in his office to surgery in the hospital he took time with me and explained everything to me. I would reccomend Dr. Hrebinko to anyone who is need of a urologist.