Overall Review

March 16th, 2016
slow response
My son was still in the process to get the right dose, he had on going seizures. it took Dr Jacobson 4 days to respond to my urgent request to change his dose. He didnot respond to my call on his emergency number. I called his office and they told me that he was really busy with patients.

September 29th, 2015
This is the only doctor I do not mind going to see. He is very patient and caring. He really cares about his patients.

November 22nd, 2013
Patient
Dr. Jacobsen was happy to take our $525 office visit payment(he doesn't take our insurance) and prescribe MRI,EEG and blood work. However, two weeks after these tests he refuses to return any phone calls regarding these tests and what we should do next. My daughter is having between 6 to 10 seizures a day and we are desperate. We have been to the ER and told only a neurologist can prescribe treatment. We have called every for eight days straight and his office staff apologizes for his lack of interest and assures us he will return our call that evening. Eight days and still waiting. I have asked if there was something my wife or I have done to alienate or offend Dr. Jacobsen during our appointment and was told he was just "busy". This doctor only cares about how much money he can make off of us and very little about our very sick child.

May 16th, 2013
Doctor is detailed and attentive while in the office, but trying to retrieve any sort of paperwork or documentation is a long arduous process
He treated my child for a concussion. Once with the doctor he spent quite a bit of time with us but each time we went we waited well over an hour to see him-- once almost 2 hours. After talking with other parents in the waiting room -- it seems it was par for the course. We requested paperwork for the school and that took forever, weeks and that was after several constant reminders. According to him, there is not much you can do for a concussion. However, several weeks later 60 Minutes had a show featuring new medical centers being built for TBI patients, with scanning devices much more detailed than the CAT scans, etc..It is still not clear to me -- even after seeing that program -- whether there is anything anyone can do for a concussion, except rest and time.

March 23rd, 2013
I read all the reviews about the wait times in the office however it has been our expediences yes waiting but time also given to us as well. Lets remember that the brain is a complex thin and a rush to judgement is not what I would want. He was able to find solutions to complex matters with our son. We spanned the gamut of top hospitals and can tell you we went through several doctors before landing with him. The fact that he is even willing to email you is something I have never seen a doctor do so it that matter I understand it may be another call to get him. He is busy and takes the time needed to work with the whole person and mom and dad fall into that .Doctor is great and involves parent input as well as child.

March 18th, 2013
Unhappy mother
Smart, yet arrogant doctor who has been impossible to get a hold of. Never follows up emails, calls. Prescribes medication yet will not respond to questions about dose, side effects etc. Totally unprofessional and negligent. Do not consider going to this doctor.

October 11th, 2012
Figures he'd get voted Westchester's top doc. He's very patient, caring and brilliant.

May 21st, 2012
Horrible
2 1/2 hour wait time, rushed out of the appointment once we finally got in, promised to email me his thoughts later and never did (even though we followed up several times). I would strong recommend against this Dr. Jacobson.

September 7th, 2011
The BEST
Recommend Dr. Jacobson without hesitation. Used to bring my son to him years ago and now suspected seizures in my daughter. He took me the same day I called, stayed late to get me in. He actually saw another patient late as well, before me. I waited but had no complaints as he was staying late to get us in. He never once checked the time and spend a good deal of time discussing my concerns. Never felt rushed.

April 27th, 2011
Eighty minutes is a long time to wait with an autistic child.
Dr. Jacobson is a competent physician. He caught a deficiency resulting from the use of an anti-seizure medication. The biggest criticism we have is then length of time we are kept in the waiting room. Eighty minutes is a long time to wait with an autistic child.

November 4th, 2008
Almost perfect but....
Dr. Jacobson is one of the nicest medical practitioners we have ever met. He is warm, caring, intelligent and patient. We adore him but he misdiagnosed our child and refused to do the one test that ultimately provided us with a diagnosis. That said, every other one of our child's doctors made the same error. We also wish he took insurance.

August 15th, 2008
Excellent doctor
We have been seeing Dr. Jacobson for 4 years. We recently had a medical emergency and he was with us every step of the way. He provided excellent care.