Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.5

Never again... show details Never again...
by Lil Skittles on Oct 19th, 2015

I started seeing Dr. Kahn because I had no health insurance and He was affordable. It was always a 1-2 hour wait for him to spend less than 2 minutes with you. They always were chatting talking playing around in the hallway, not spending time with patients. Basically here's a script have a nice day. Well, apparently he was being investigated for fraud amongst many other things and was under the microscope. He then REQUIRED a course of Epiderals, even though I've done those in the past with not relief. But I had no choice if I wanted to continue to see him. So, I did. He gave me a shot of something before hand, and then gave 8...EIGHT injections, when we only discussed 2… I remember nothing for almost 48 hours after the injections., except horrific pain! Horrific! I called the office to be told that is normal that with in 3 days it will start getting better. NOPE, it got worse...a lot worse. I called his office repeatedly and by the following week, I lost control of my bladder as well. I called and called and no one returned my calls. FINALLY I demanded to be seen. When I arrived at the office, I was handed a paper and taken back to a room with about 5 other patients. We were told that The medical board had not re-certified Dr. Kahn for pain management. In order for him to refill our meds, we had to take a trigger point injection or go to our PCP. I didn't want medication, I wanted to know what was wrong with me! So, his office manager JT said, well if you want to wait to be seen, you can talk to Dr. Kahn about your pain. Fine, I will wait. I waited another 2 hours...Dr. Kahn cones in and says. .where do you want your injection today. I firmly stated, I would not be getting any injections...but needed to know what was wrong with me. His response was, sometimes things don't work like they should. You were in pain before, so really it doesn't change things. I will just increase your pain medication. I said...no! Why can I not control my bladder? That is not normal for someone 35 years old to wet themselves!! He said, sometimes when you have a back injury it can lead to bladder incontinence as it progresses. Okay, well I didn't have that problem prior to the injections! He said, it will probably get better over time. Let me give you this injection and get you a script and come back next month and see if it is controlling g your pain. I said no, I'm not getting any injections today. I need to find the problem first. He said, well give it another month and see how it is. If you can the Texas medical board and complain about them holding my license, I would appreciate it. If enough of you call, maybe they will hurry up the processing. He gave me a sheet of paper with the number and who to contact at the Texas Medical Board. He walk out to the hallway and came back with a shot in his hand. He said...just pull your pants down a bit and lean over the table, and I will just give you this trigger point shot real quick, and you can pick your script out at check out. I said...sorry but no, I'm not getting shots from you. I left there in tears, dragging my leg and in horrific pain. That evening my husband made me go to the ER, who was wonderful. They called in an MRI tech, and did one right then. They made sure I had no bleeding or infection in my spinal canal. They sent me to see a Neurosurgeon and got me in the next day. They were caring and nice! The end of the story is...he punctured the dura in my spinal canal, and put the steroids in the the wrong place. The steroids burned all the nerves and caused me to have Adhesive Arachnoiditis, there is no treatment and no cure for it. All I can do is take pain medication to deal with the pain. Texas Brain and Spine Institute is awesome! The explained everything to me, and sent me to a reputable pain doctor as I have no other option at this point. This horrific pain. Will never go away, and is progressive...so it only gets worse. The icing on the cake? The steroids he uses state on the bottle, not for epideral use...unfortunately the state of Texas changed the tort laws...and because the sreriod can be used off label, and I signed a release for the injections...i can do nothing about it. I wouldn't send my dog to him. He is still charged with Medicare/medicaid fraud and out on bond...as well as other inquires from the medical board. If you just want to go to a pill mill...he's your doctor. If you want to be treated to get better or fix the issue ..stay far away!

Worst doctor I have ever seen show details Worst doctor I have ever seen
May 18th, 2010

I saw Dr Kahn for 7 months he still could not recall anything about me or my conditions that he's been treating. My visit yesterday I was one of 11 people waiting to see Dr. Kahn, as he walks by into the elevator and leaves for 20 minutes. It took 2 hours to be seen and they wrote my Duragesic patch RX wrong, which the pharmicist pointed out. This was Monday, Dr. Kahn only works 3 days a week and see's as many patients a day, I've never been there without at least 12 other patients plus the people with them, there are 2 areas to wait he see's so many people. Which of course reduces the time he "see's" you always less than a minute, literally. On top of writing my RX wrong making it void and useless, I returned to the office and caught Kahn in the elevator he crosses out 100 mcg on the RX and writes 200 mcg and initials it saying that would fix it. This in Texas does not work, especially since the pharmacy had already written on the RX and made it void. I asked if he would just rewrite the script since he would not be in again until Wednesday, thankfully he did rewrite it with my persistance. They charge $150 for initial visit and $65 for each follow up unless you have insurance, either way check all charges they tried to rip me off overcharging me and saying my Medicare deductable was twice what it is, I had to call Medicare on speaker phone to prove it.Trust no-one in that office.

Simply the best show details Simply the best
by Dolores K on Jul 22nd, 2009

This was my first visit with Dr.Kahn and he took care of all my needs and gave me the proper medications. I am very satisfied with his P.A., also.