Dr. Ronald Kalayta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ronald Kalayta?

June 9th, 2016

Excellent care

April 18th, 2013

CBO for a School Distr

Very well educated and knowledgeable. Great rapport with his patients! I hope he never retires!

November 17th, 2012

I was first one to have cataract removed on monday morning and he botched the job. he was picked up for dui a few weeks later.

August 23rd, 2012

2 surgeries vision worse than before

I had 2 surgeries and my vision was worse tnen when I walked in the office the first time. I just went to a different Dr to repair the problems and the difference is night and day. m

March 3rd, 2011

Bad exams, bad breath

First and foremost, Dr. Kalayta, if he does not smoke, has breath that smells like he has smoked for years. With eye exams, you get up close and personal, and it was a turn off. I was sent here for a Social Security Disability exam. On the eye chart exam, i could read the first line (E) fine, the second line I could make out a single letter. On the third line, which is the 20/100 line, I was asked to keep guessing at what some of the letters were. There were 4 or 5 letters. After 5 guesses I finally got one. This went on for well over 3 minutes, with me struggling, and finally just giving an A, B, C answer. That then made my vision in that eye 20/100, thus disqualifying me from disability. In the eye test to determine what you can see around you (I call this the egg machine), the tech told me to press the button whenever I saw a light or flash of light, or heard the sound. However, the center thing that you stare at, the red cross point, is encased in silver/chrome coloring, and the light reflects off of this, again giving you a false diagnosis, making your vision appear better than it truly is. I was even asked at one point, when I stopped clicking whenever I heard the noise, if I could still hear it correctly. Overall, if this were my regular eye specialist, I would have changed years ago. He was very curt, the office staff insisted I turn over my medical card despite SS telling me absolutely not to (and I stood my ground and refused). The parking lot is quite small, but since I don't drive it didn't affect me much. The walkway up to his door, however, has a few issues for those of us with limited vision, and there was a spot where I tripped, not realizing there was a dip in the ground that one simply wouldn't expect without some signage or notice. Overall, if you have to go to this doctor because you have no other choice (like I did because SS sent me there) be thankful it is a one time only visit.

July 28th, 2010

I have left messages with the answering service for Dr. Kalayta two days in a row. His office manager called me back today, and I stated to her that I needed to speak to the Doctor only as I needed to share with him that I was unhappy with the Customer Service his office staff had provided me. The office manager refused to allow me to speak to the doctor. I shared with her that I may cancel my surgery with the doctor after I speak to him and she (Pam) stated she was going to cancel my surgery and then she hung up the phone. The question is : Is there a way to speak with the Doctor.?? This all seems a little strange for a physicians way of doing business. The office manager stated she had a protocol, and I stated that I personally needed a conversation with the doctor. I do not think that this is an isolated incident. While I was in the office the staff person was on the phone with another (patient) and seemed very short, curt, and not at all aware that she was there to take care of the doctor's patient's questions. I cannot imagine a doctor would refuse to have a conversation with one of his patients.

July 13th, 2017