Overall Review

December 2nd, 2015
Very through good listener..

September 15th, 2014
Practicing medicine with incompetency
Dr. Kanagaki over prescribes unnecessary medications while at the same time refuses to have the patient stop using unsuccessful Rxs. When asked about any negative interactions with other Rxs, Dr. Kanagaki states, "I'm only a General Practitioner and don't know what those might be." For several years, the doctor prescribed Rx medications for me for what he considered to be COPD. Both pulmonology specialists (Springfield and Boston) that he referred me to told me after comphrehensive tests and examinations that I did not have COPD and that I should stop taking the COPD Rxs that Dr. Kanagaki was giving me. When I confronted him with this information, he aksed me if I would like to see a 3rd pulmonary specialist which I declined to do. Before I left the exam room, he offered me a sample of a different COPD medication to take on trial for a week or two to see how I reacted to it. I left the office; my wife and I never returned after being Dr. K's patients for about 30 yrs. I will never recommend anyone I know to use or see Dr. K as their primary care physician because his delivery of health care treatment is suspect and because Dr. K is incompetent. Finally, he assigns follow-up visits far too frequently (every 3 to 4 or 5 to 6 months) for non-life-threatening maladies.

November 12th, 2010
My Way or the Highway
Dr. Kanagaki does all the right things, up to a point. And that point is the line where he fails to make clear just what it is he wants you to do in regard to monitoring a particular condition or taking a medication. When, on a return visit, he finds that his instructions, unclear as they may have been, were not carried out as he believed they should have been, he has no compunction about terminating the relationship. Be forewarned. Dr. Kanagaki is a martinet.