Dr. Ronald Koshes MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Bristow, VA

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2015
He was patient, listened and gave good practical advice

February 24th, 2015
Good doctor
Dr. Koshes listened took into account family history, my thoughts on meds.

October 1st, 2014
Wonderful Psychiatrist/Really Listens
I had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer when I started seeing him and was having a lot of anxiety. Mr. Koshes was a blessing to have come across during that hard time of my life. I had anxiety issues but he also recognized the difficulty I was having medically and could accurately assess my needs...he wasn't pressuring and he allowed me to ease into treatment at a pace I felt comfortable with (I've had some bold psychiatrists in the past make rash decisions). I've seen many psychiatrists and he was one of the best I've ever seen. His schedule at the place I was seeing him was no longer working with my schedule and unfortunately, I had to stop seeing him. If you're schedule works with his, however, I would recommend him hands-down over any one in the area!

October 15th, 2013
Wonderful! Finally, a psychiatrist who is patient, listens, and knows what he's doing!
I'm 31 and have seen many psychiatrists and it's unfortunate that many people only feel obligated to post a review when they are disappointed about an experience. I, on the other hand, wanted to post because this psychiatrist is the best I've ever had and I've seen about 5 prior to him over the course of 15 years. He listens, is incredibly kind, and has a less aggressive approach that I can appreciate. Prior to him, I had psychiatrists who didn't really listen and didn't give me what I need to cope and psychiatrists who I didn't trust because they'd prescribe me with crazy medications that I didn't need prior to getting all the necessary data to evaluate me. I feel ten times better than I used to since seeing him. Of course, I believe in the approach that one should also seek therapy while on medication to learn how to work on the issues in a way that is healthy. No one pill will fix everything SO I do think that between him and my therapist, I've come a great way since I started seeing him and my therapist 7 months ago. I would certainly recommend him to anyone who is seeking help. More or less, what I have found most important, is that I connect with Dr. Koshes as a person.

March 18th, 2017