Otolaryngologist, Allergist & Immunologist, Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Thyroid  |  show details
by Smith 7/16/2013 on Sep 5th, 2013

Dr. Kuppersmith is a great doctor and surgeon. I recently had my thyroid removed and he did an excellent job. I couldn't be happier! My incision line looks awesome and it's healing well. It's amazing to me how little pain I've been in since having surgery. He took his time in answering all of my questions before and after and has even called me a couple of times to check up on me. He is very kind and caring. I would encourage anyone to choose him as a doctor.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
by Kathye E on Aug 27th, 2013

I recently had a nosebleed that would not stop. I went to a local ER and the whole experience was awful. Within 15 minutes of returning home it opened up again. My husband called our PCP and his office called Dr. Kuppersmith's office and he took me in immediately. Luckily for me it was the one day of the week that he comes to Huntsville. He packed my nose and then had to cauterize it. I was very grateful that he took me in on such a busy day of seeing patients and could not have been happier with his care. I highly recommend Dr. Kuppersmith to anyone looking for a great ENT physician.

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2012

Dr. Kuppersmith is a great doctor and surgeon. I recently had the left side of my thyroid removed and he did an excellent job. I couldn't be happier! My incision line looks awesome and it's healing well. It's amazing to me how little pain I've been in since having surgery. He took his time in answering all of my questions before and after and has even called me a couple of times to check up on me. He is very kind and caring. I would encourage anyone to choose him as a doctor.

Oct 26th, 2011

Kuppersmith was the on call ENT back in 2000 at Virginia Mason in Seattle. I just had sinus surgery and I had a bad nose bleed the next day so I went to the walk in ER. I wanted to have an ENT examine it to make sure the surgery site was healing ok. So they dragged Kuppersmith in around midnight. It was obvious he was not happy about being dragged in for a bleeding nose. So he shoved a couple of those packing posts (?) up my nose as quickly and ruthlessly as possible. People around him could tell he was not happy, nor was I. I was ready to punch him for what he did, but I was in no shape to do that. I don't doubt his skills, but his bedside manner is just awful.

Doctor's Response

Placing nasal packing unfortunately can be very painful, especially if someone had surgery in their nose the day before. No matter how much local anesthetic is used, I have never met a patient that likes having their nose packed. I am sorry I left such a bad and longstanding impression.

|  Two years of waiting - Finally  |  show details
by J Robinson on Aug 24th, 2010

I spent two years with my thyroid condition becoming worse to the point I had to make a decision. I saw three other doctors prior to contacting Dr. Kuppersmith office. I always felt the other doctors never listen to my concerns which my have not been important to me but they were important to me. I started researching on the internet to find a doctor when I knew my time was running out and i needed to resolve my thryoid problems and the answer was Dr Kuppersmith. Not only did he listen, he interact with me on what was the problem of putting off a very necessary surgery. I saw Dr. Kuppersmith in June and decided then and there he would be the doctor for my surgery. I schedule my surgery for two month later. I lived two states away and it took me a 9 hour drive to have the surgery but I can say I had the best care under Dr. Kuppersmith and the College Station Medical Hospital the care was the best I have ever received. Thank you Dr. Kuppersmith.

|  Partial right Thyroidectomy for a thyroid nodule.  |  show details
by Sylvia Wright on May 9th, 2010

Dr. Ronald Kuppersmith is an Excellent MD specializing in the Da Vinci Robotic Head/Neck Surgery, Prostate Sx, etc. Please disregard any negative reviews because I personally don't find them to be true if any. I am a RN who lives in Getzville, Ny and was told by my Dr. here in Amherst, Ny that she was going to cut me 2 inches across the throat. I went on line and found Dr. Kuppersmith, reviewed and researched everything possible about him that I could. Called his office, and he called me the same day. Next step, was scheduling my flight into Tx. Excellent staff at his office as well as at the hospital he's affiliated with. He is a very caring, concerned and very down to earth Dr. My husband even gave him a 10 . My surgery went very well and he followed up with me to the point where I have never had a Dr. to do this. Really shocked me as he gave us his personal cell phone # for any questions before and after the surgery. He has called me at home to see how I was doing at least a few times. His staff sent me a wonderful get well card that almost filled my eyes with tears. He is a God Sent, trust me and believe me. No Joke! Any questions, contact me. Sylvia..rngoodhealth@yahoo.com

|  Dr. Kuppersmith  |  show details
by Jamie Brinegar on Dec 8th, 2009

Dr. Kuppersmith is a very professional & thorough physician. He performed a septoplasty on me and I was very much improved with my breathing immediately after the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Kuppersmith to any/all friends needing services performed by Kuppersmith.

Jun 20th, 2009

This is doctor is excellent in his ability, is very compassionate, and has a great reputation with his peers.

Jul 8th, 2008

Excellent doctor. Very caring.