Dr. Ronald Laracuente Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 11th, 2017

Saved my life

This is an amazing office! I'm grateful for the reminder call requesting that I have a physical. If it weren't for their persistence, I might never have made an appointment. Dr. Laracuente's thorough examination revealed an abnormality which turned out to be cancer (Stage 1). I recommend this doctor to everyone I know.

February 11th, 2017

As a Physician Dr. L is Heads above the rest!

This office is superb!Dr. Laracuente has made a huge difference in my life. When I first came to him, I thought I was doing fine. However, he diagnosed me with prediabetes. He instructed me on the supplements to buy, spent a long time going over my diet and poor exercise habits. I took heed to his advice and I am diabetes free. The office reminders are very helpful. Dr. Laracuente is all about preventive medicine. I highly recommend this office to all.

January 12th, 2017

Doctor and staff used to be the best

I was sad to leave this practice because at one time, it was the best. Dr. Laracuente changed his business model and all he wants to do is draw blood, analyze results, and don't let the door hit you on your behind as you are rushed out the door. During my last visit, the doctor was entering my blood results into the computer, all the while his foot was tapping uncontrollably, as if he couldn't wait to get out of there. And he couldn't, he didn't even examine me. To add insult to injury, he looked at my bloods from 3 months ago and said that they were all over the place, but at the time he said i was doing fine. I understand that the insurance companies make it difficult for everyone, but patient care and quality medicine have to fit in someplace. Well-not at this office, not any more.

November 22nd, 2016

The front desk staff are super rude. The doctor is great. He needs to discipline the front desk on mannerism.

October 12th, 2016

Horrible! The office staff is awful and their policies are inflexible. The "office mgr" didn't call me back after 8-9 phone calls. Life is too short... go find a different doctor as anyone has to be better than this!!!

April 18th, 2016

No good, parts you out to other doctors

Dr. Laracuente is amazing but office staff punishes you. It's hard to get an appointment. Their almost never on time and if they do not agree on a treatment from another doctor (recommend from their office or not) they will find ways to make it very difficult to see the GP himself. For example I had a sinus infection they told me it's the ENTs job to treat. I threw my back out and they would not make an appointment so I could see the doctor and get anti- inflammatorys it's the pain management doctors job who's is treating my neck and CDH. What's the point of having a doctor that won't prescribe antibiotics, prednisone and just wants to take blood for a check up every six months. It's a shame because once upon a time this was an amazing doctor, now he only does physicals and blood tests. If you have an autoimmune disease don't even bother he won't test you for lymes disease or ANA for autoimmune. That's the OTHER doctors job. If you've managed IBS or IBD for years he doesn't listen to how to manage a flair. That's the Gastros job. Have a heart problem? Go see the cardio for long term management. Getting him to refill the mail in scrips that are FAXED and e-mailed to him is a nightmare. I went 3 weeks with out my lyrica which has a horrible withdraw and is not supposed to be stopped suddenly. It's such a shame the doctor is great but the office staff breaks the relationship. Have repeated lung infections? Never ran an IGG which was requested kept taking x-rays. By the time a CAT scan was done by another doctor there was irreparable damage done due to a bad infection. Doesn't visit patients in hospital. Once your in there is no more contact from his office or the doctor himself. It's a shame. Oh! If you see a pain management doctor that drug tests you every month the office gets very upset when they want to run drug tests that have been run by another doctor even though the records are completely accessible to them. They want their own drug tests every blood test and will find ways to punish you if you refuse due to insurance not covering two drug tests in one month. It's their way or the highway.

December 9th, 2015

Unprofessional Service

I was a patient of Dr. Ronald Laracuente (of Boca Raton, FL) for about 2 years, having been referred to him by my wife. My initial reaction was favorable, as he spent a substantive amount of time gathering information, and performing a reasonably comprehensive physical exam. Over time however, I learned that he would not provide assistance by telephone (for example, to prescribe a medication that was NOT a restricted drug), insisting that an office visit was required. Even if it was merely to convey the results of a lab report, MRI, XRAY, etc., it was necessary to come to the office and wait to see him -- although no physical exam accompanied such follow-up visits. I believe the impetus for this, was that he cannot collect a fee for anything but an office visit, and so he refuses to treat anyone that is unable to return to his office. The last time I was to see him, the office assistance (I think it was Mrs. Laracuente, although I am not sure), berated me for not wanting to see the doctor for follow-up, even though the results of my xrays were negative. She was absolutely nasty to me over the phone. She made comments suggesting that she was qualified to render a diagnosis. A few days later, I received a letter from the doctor dismissing me as his patient, purportedly because I lack "confidence" in him. I've been seeing doctors almost every one of my 63 years, so I have no aversion to seeing a doctor -- I do have aversion to wasting time, simply to line the pockets of a medical professional. To put this into perspective, I see 3 other medical specialists an average of twice per year -- so it is crazy to suggest that I am not interested in my own health. In fact, it was another one of my specialists that properly diagnosed a problem that I initially brought to Laracuente (dizziness) by examining my lab work. Laracuente had me running around for x-rays, etc which all proved unnecessary. I have concluded that this physician hides behind a supposed concern about medical malpractice, to require his patients to make an office visit for every type or kind of communication -- I have never experienced this type of behavior or practice from the scores of other physicians who have treated me over the years -- I have certainly never been dismissed by any for any reason. Following my "dismissal," I made several written requests for a copy of my medical records to supply to my other service professionals. He never replied to my requests, even though I sent my requests by certified mail. Eventually, I needed to enlist the services of an attorney to obtain my medical records. All told, it was 6 months after requesting my records, before I received them.They were accompanied by two copies of an outstanding invoice (which I had never previously received). Of course, I immediately disbursed payment to Laracuente's office, but even now -- 6 months later, the check has yet to be cashed! I wrote a follow-up letter, reminding them to cash the check -- you guessed it . . . there's been no reply. The Laracuente practice is one bizarre and unprofessional operation. I suspect Mrs. Laracuente was directing things there, but since a practicing physician is ultimately responsible for his own office, he bears the final responsibility. This is scary stuff, particularly if you absolutely must have a physician who will stand by your side in times of dire need. My wife has subsequently found another physician too.

Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on Vitals. I truly apologize and it is unfortunate to learn we did not meet your expectations. Please know that it is our goal to provide the highest quality care for all of our patients in a timely and respectful manner. Our practice philosophy is to try for early detection, early intervention and prevention. Regularly scheduled office visits allow us to better assist you in identifying and managing any chronic health problems you may have. We believe this is in your short and long-term best interest. Being proactive about our health care can often help us prevent and/or prolong the onset of future health problems as we age. We firmly believe, and our experience has shown it to be true, that those patients who are consistent in keeping their appointments have fewer episodes of acute illness, difficulty with unstable chronic illnesses, and generally continue to enjoy better health overall. Your satisfaction is very important to us and would be most grateful for the opportunity to speak to you about your overall experience. Please free to contact me at 561-483-6772 at your convenience, should you wish to discuss further. Thank you. Kind regards, Ronald Laracuente, M.D.

SHOWttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr

July 2nd, 2015

Poor service

This place is horrible. The wait there is tremendous. Hope your not dying

March 19th, 2015

RHIT

A dear friend of mines has been having problems with breathing and stomach issues. He went and saw Dr. Lacuenta on several occassions, but still has not been referred out to a specialist. I called and spoke to Kenya and was told, that the Office Manager will call me back. Up till now, no office manager has called me back. The staff I find to be very "unprofessional" and does not take patient's health care to be a "priority" to them at all. They never do any "follow-up" on this patient either. I will never recommend this office to no one.

March 21st, 2013

Detailed blood tests but thats it!

Don't count on staff including all Items requested in Blood Tests. You get the test back and then meet the Dr again and he tells you all about each items. However if you have an issue not related to anything on the blood tests forget about it. Not sure what language they speak as it dosen't make a difference if English or Spanish still have a hard time understanding. Some of staff is nice others could care the least. I think most of them are related to the DR so you can forget bringing it to his attention.

August 16th, 2012

Great Doctor!

Dr. Laracuente is great! He' warm, makes you feel confortable, very professional!I would not change to any other Dr.I have known him for over 5 years already. Many of my friends goes to his office and they all love him!

August 12th, 2012

Dr. Laracuente made me feel confident about the medical care I received. He has excellent bedside manners and spent the time necessary to answer all my questions. He provided me with recommendations to improve my health including holistic treatments.