Overall Review

3.6

October 12th, 2016
Horrible! The office staff is awful and their policies are inflexible. The "office mgr" didn't call me back after 8-9 phone calls. Life is too short... go find a different doctor as anyone has to be better than this!!!

April 18th, 2016
No good, parts you out to other doctors
Dr. Laracuente is amazing but office staff punishes you. It's hard to get an appointment. Their almost never on time and if they do not agree on a treatment from another doctor (recommend from their office or not) they will find ways to make it very difficult to see the GP himself. For example I had a sinus infection they told me it's the ENTs job to treat. I threw my back out and they would not make an appointment so I could see the doctor and get anti- inflammatorys it's the pain management doctors job who's is treating my neck and CDH. What's the point of having a doctor that won't prescribe antibiotics, prednisone and just wants to take blood for a check up every six months. It's a shame because once upon a time this was an amazing doctor, now he only does physicals and blood tests. If you have an autoimmune disease don't even bother he won't test you for lymes disease or ANA for autoimmune. That's the OTHER doctors job. If you've managed IBS or IBD for years he doesn't listen to how to manage a flair. That's the Gastros job. Have a heart problem? Go see the cardio for long term management. Getting him to refill the mail in scrips that are FAXED and e-mailed to him is a nightmare. I went 3 weeks with out my lyrica which has a horrible withdraw and is not supposed to be stopped suddenly. It's such a shame the doctor is great but the office staff breaks the relationship. Have repeated lung infections? Never ran an IGG which was requested kept taking x-rays. By the time a CAT scan was done by another doctor there was irreparable damage done due to a bad infection. Doesn't visit patients in hospital. Once your in there is no more contact from his office or the doctor himself. It's a shame. Oh! If you see a pain management doctor that drug tests you every month the office gets very upset when they want to run drug tests that have been run by another doctor even though the records are completely accessible to them. They want their own drug tests every blood test and will find ways to punish you if you refuse due to insurance not covering two drug tests in one month. It's their way or the highway.

December 9th, 2015
Unprofessional Service
I was a patient of Dr. Ronald Laracuente (of Boca Raton, FL) for about 2 years, having been referred to him by my wife. My initial reaction was favorable, as he spent a substantive amount of time gathering information, and performing a reasonably comprehensive physical exam. Over time however, I learned that he would not provide assistance by telephone (for example, to prescribe a medication that was NOT a restricted drug), insisting that an office visit was required. Even if it was merely to convey the results of a lab report, MRI, XRAY, etc., it was necessary to come to the office and wait to see him -- although no physical exam accompanied such follow-up visits. I believe the impetus for this, was that he cannot collect a fee for anything but an office visit, and so he refuses to treat anyone that is unable to return to his office. The last time I was to see him, the office assistance (I think it was Mrs. Laracuente, although I am not sure), berated me for not wanting to see the doctor for follow-up, even though the results of my xrays were negative. She was absolutely nasty to me over the phone. She made comments suggesting that she was qualified to render a diagnosis. A few days later, I received a letter from the doctor dismissing me as his patient, purportedly because I lack "confidence" in him. I've been seeing doctors almost every one of my 63 years, so I have no aversion to seeing a doctor -- I do have aversion to wasting time, simply to line the pockets of a medical professional. To put this into perspective, I see 3 other medical specialists an average of twice per year -- so it is crazy to suggest that I am not interested in my own health. In fact, it was another one of my specialists that properly diagnosed a problem that I initially brought to Laracuente (dizziness) by examining my lab work. Laracuente had me running around for x-rays, etc which all proved unnecessary. I have concluded that this physician hides behind a supposed concern about medical malpractice, to require his patients to make an office visit for every type or kind of communication -- I have never experienced this type of behavior or practice from the scores of other physicians who have treated me over the years -- I have certainly never been dismissed by any for any reason. Following my "dismissal," I made several written requests for a copy of my medical records to supply to my other service professionals. He never replied to my requests, even though I sent my requests by certified mail. Eventually, I needed to enlist the services of an attorney to obtain my medical records. All told, it was 6 months after requesting my records, before I received them.They were accompanied by two copies of an outstanding invoice (which I had never previously received). Of course, I immediately disbursed payment to Laracuente's office, but even now -- 6 months later, the check has yet to be cashed! I wrote a follow-up letter, reminding them to cash the check -- you guessed it . . . there's been no reply. The Laracuente practice is one bizarre and unprofessional operation. I suspect Mrs. Laracuente was directing things there, but since a practicing physician is ultimately responsible for his own office, he bears the final responsibility. This is scary stuff, particularly if you absolutely must have a physician who will stand by your side in times of dire need. My wife has subsequently found another physician too.

July 2nd, 2015
Poor service
This place is horrible. The wait there is tremendous. Hope your not dying

March 19th, 2015
RHIT
A dear friend of mines has been having problems with breathing and stomach issues. He went and saw Dr. Lacuenta on several occassions, but still has not been referred out to a specialist. I called and spoke to Kenya and was told, that the Office Manager will call me back. Up till now, no office manager has called me back. The staff I find to be very "unprofessional" and does not take patient's health care to be a "priority" to them at all. They never do any "follow-up" on this patient either. I will never recommend this office to no one.

March 21st, 2013
Detailed blood tests but thats it!
Don't count on staff including all Items requested in Blood Tests. You get the test back and then meet the Dr again and he tells you all about each items. However if you have an issue not related to anything on the blood tests forget about it. Not sure what language they speak as it dosen't make a difference if English or Spanish still have a hard time understanding. Some of staff is nice others could care the least. I think most of them are related to the DR so you can forget bringing it to his attention.

August 16th, 2012
Great Doctor!
Dr. Laracuente is great! He' warm, makes you feel confortable, very professional!I would not change to any other Dr.I have known him for over 5 years already. Many of my friends goes to his office and they all love him!

August 11th, 2012
Dr. Laracuente made me feel confident about the medical care I received. He has excellent bedside manners and spent the time necessary to answer all my questions. He provided me with recommendations to improve my health including holistic treatments.

August 1st, 2012
Busy Professional
Dr. Laracuente is an excellent MD.Seems like appointment scheduling and consultation needs to improve. Use statistics to plan for time with Patients so time between appointments is averaged at 15 min or less as noted. I showed up 20 minutes ealier, was taken in 5 minutes past my scheduled appointment time. My wait time inside the office was more than 45 minutes and no one came to even notify of delay. Had to leave the office without consultation.

December 29th, 2011
Dr Laracuente
long wait to see Dr-he has a habit of walking out and not saying goodbye so you dont know if he is coming back or not. so you sit and wait more. office staff inefficient-unorganized. Forget to give you your prescription..you better keep on top of things as you cant depend on them. Stopped going because of the office staff..it would be a long and upsetting day..so I changed Drs and offices. Unneccesary return visits that waste more of your time.

December 27th, 2010
Laracuente is a very caring doctor
Dr. Laracuente is very caring and personal- he spends time with you and talks to you about what ever your concerns are and he treats you with respect and as a friend.The staff is very nice but they don't follow up in call backs and things of that sort, but when reminded, they are very polite and will follow through. It's almost as if they are short staffed and have a lot to do.

June 15th, 2010
The Best of the Best!
Just before being called in to see the doctor, a patient that was walking out spoke to us in the waiting room. He said that this doctor was the best. That made me feel good, especially since it was my first visit. I was just coming from a bad experience at another doctor's office. I chose to see Dr. Laracuente because a friend told me he does alternative medicine. In general, my health is in order but lately I have not been feeling well. After spending time with him (about 40 min), we discussed my past history and all the possibilities for my present complaints. We went over preventive measures and talked about "natural" medicines as options for my therapy. Many doctors do not even want to touch on this subject! The girl that drew my blood was excellent, she has good hands!. I feel confident that I made the right choice with this doctor. No one has ever spend so much time with me, he sounded sincere and intelligent and with great bedside manners. We will be starting a new health and diet regimen until we sit down and discuss my laboratory findings. On the way out, I saw a lady who was there with me earlier, still waiting to see the doctor. I told her that he was worth the wait and to hang in there.