Ronald S Lederman, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon

2300 Haggerty Rd Ste 1110
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
248-669-2000
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 28th, 2014

I was having difficulty with some pain in my calf and knee and had a half marathon coming up. I had gone to a previous orthopedic doctor who unfortunately mis-diagnosed me for plantar faciitis. Luckily, I was able to get into Lederman Kwartowitz Orthopedics the next day, to see the PA Brad Mescher. He is very knowledgable in sports medicine and related injuries. After a quick and painless cortisone injection, he immediately put me into their physical therapy (next door, so convenient!) I did well in my first half marathon and truly believe it was from my hard work and the expertise of this great orthopedics office!

|  Educator  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2014

I went to this Dr. Lederman's office in West Bloomfield today. My primary care physician referred me to his office due to problems with my knee. The first time I called to make an appointment I was told that Dr. Lederman didn't; have any appointments available, but I could make an appointment with his physician assistant, which I did. I had seen this person several times before having surgery for a meniscus tear. Dr Lederman performed the surgery. I went back for my follow-up surgery about 3 days later. At such time, the PA stated that it turns out that I didn't actually have a meniscus tear, but I did have several smaller things wrong. I underwent physical therapy and did return the office again for about 1 year. I began experiencing pain from the same knee, but this time it traveled up my thigh. I called the office at about 8 am and made an appointment for 9:30 am with the PA. I also asked if I could make a appointment with Dr. Lerderman. I was that I could do that when I got to the office. I arrived at the office at 9:37 am. I saw the PA a short time later. During my appointment, I was told that my knee problem was the result of, at first, a back problem and then a twisted pelvis. The PA also stated that I could only treat this problem with 2-3 weeks of physical therapy. Unhappy with this diagnosis, I attempted to make an appointment with Dr. Lederman and not the PA. I was told that I could not make an appointment with the doctor without the doctor's approval. I explained to the doctor that I was not happy with the PA and only wanted to see the actual doctor. The receptionist stated that she understood what I was saying, but it was office policy that patients could not make an appointment with the doctor without the doctor's approval. I asked, " You do accept my insurance, but I cannot make an appointment with the doctor who operated on my knee without his approval?" She said, "yes". I said okay I would no longer be a patient here and left. I was AND STILL AM appalled that the doctor has a policy where he refuses to see patients, especially those of whom he has performed surgery. This experience was the first I have ever had with a doctor's office. If the doctor can't take time to see me, he WILL NOT receive another payment or co-payment from me or my insurance company!!!!!! Bad PRACTICE!!!!

Doctor's Response

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We have been trying to contact you to resolve the issue. We have been able to research the issue with the information provided in this review and unfortunately one of our new employees gave you wrong information regarding our policy because she misunderstood your request. If you would like to discuss further please contact Kathy or Carol I at the office at 248-669-2000. Thank you for the review; It has opened our eyes and given us the opportunity to clarify things with our staff, which will improve our customer service.

Jan 15th, 2014

Dr. Lederman was very nice. Took the time to explain everything to us. I really liked him. I hope his diagnose of the knee pain is correct. Re-eval is in 4 weeks.

|  MLS Laser Treatment Worked!  |  show details
by Rachel on Nov 11th, 2013

I went to Dr. Lederman's office for knee pain. I had already seen a few other docs and no one could help the pain. He used a laser on me that had me knee feeling better than it had in years after only a few pointless treatments! I'm pain free thanks to Dr.Lederman!

by E on Nov 11th, 2013

Dr. Lederman was truly amazing. He is kind and he explained everything to me. I felt like I was in great hands. My knee is feeling better already!

|  mixed feeling  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2013

I don't think Dr Lederman is fully prepared to review my case and somehow try to use my case as an experiment for his laser treatment, which is costly but ineffective for my issue. at the end, he told me he could not perform surgery on me and referred me to a different doctor.

|  Great friendly efficient experience  |  show details
by Stacy on Oct 16th, 2013

Everyone I met was helpful and friendly from the medical assistant to the xray tech and office staff. Dr. Lederman took time to explain my options and I left feeling confident he and his team can get me in great shape for the next triathlon season and so I'll be able to wear something other than gym shoes and sandals without foot pain.

by Ramona on Sep 11th, 2013

I was impressed with Dr. Lederman some years ago after my internist sent me to him for my broken leg. When recent knee issues required an orthopedic doctor, Dr. Lederman was my first choice. After a thorough exam, he recommended treatments to try before going on to arthroscopic surgery. I appreciate his approach and have the utmost confidence in him. His office staff is professional and extremely helpful.

by Jerry on Aug 13th, 2013

Dr. Lederman is a miracle worker! I have had knee pain for the past 10 years, and after seeing him in his office and having a knee scope I no longer have any pain! I would recommend him to my closest family and friends. His staff is wonderful, knowledgeable, and timely. I have never been to a better doctors office in my life. Definitely check him out for any orthopedic issues you may have.

|  best orthopedic doctor  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2013

The wait time can be long but it is definitely worth every minute to wait. Dr. Lederman spends quality time with his patients, listening to them and responding appropriately. He is an awesome surgeon but starts with conservative treatment to avoid surgery if possible. He gives many treatment options and doesn't rush a patient into something they are not ready for. He also tries anything and everything to cut recovery time in half. He is a highly recommended doctor for patients who are truely serious about getting better.

|  *********OUTSTANDING*********  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

This was my first time having any kind of orthopedic injury and I will say that Dr. Lederman and his staff were very pleasant and I also had the Laser therapy there was absolutely no wait time for that. My experience was Awesome...The best service for any orthepedic injury! :)

|  I found my ortho doc for life  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2011

Injured myself while playing football. Saw Dr. Lederman. Spent time with me while examining me. Reviewed the x-rays and showed me the damage I had done. He fixed me up. Had me do some physical therapy. My recovery was exactly what he said it would be by following his instructions. Great office staff too.

Aug 2nd, 2011

OFFICE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR EMERGENCY ADD ONS AND YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT A BIT TO SEE SOMEONE BUT THEY DO GET YOU IN SAME DAY/ NEXT DAY !!!

|  Best Orthopedic Surgeon in the city!!  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2010

The most friendly office I have ever dealt with. They are all so friendly and professional. A real pleasure to deal with.

Mar 14th, 2010

Best orthopedic expirence!

|  GREAT EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2010

CARING, HELPFUL STAFF. CONVENIENT FACILITY WITH X-RAY, PHYSICAL THERAPY, LAB, PHARMACY, AND SURGERY CENTER. GREAT DOCTOR!

Feb 25th, 2010

Great office! Visit their website for patient testamonials.