Dr. Ronald Leon MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Antioch, CA

3.4

July 29th, 2016
Changes dosage without forewarning.
Does not ask how I feel. Just writes out prescription's max 10 minutes. Next visit in 3 months. Without notification cuts dosage from 3 pills per day to 1 pill a day. Suffer and notified doctor but he does not change. I should have been given a time to taper down slowly. Will look for other medical knowledgeable doctor.

May 26th, 2016
quack
hes crap

August 20th, 2015
Not a good Doctor

March 11th, 2013
Love him !
I am not sure where all of these horrible reviews are coming from ?!? Dr.Leon is an angel straight out of heaven ! He listened well and was not quick to judge any of my history. It did take long to set up an appointment but of he squeezed everyone in for an emergency appointment then everyone would be coming in ! Hello it's mental health it's all an emergency ! I cannot judge him for that aspect, really nothing they can do. Also as for cost of medication the office does not control that, you should discuss that with your insurance ! As for his staff , I believe you are all speaking about the office manager. I believe her name is Dina or something like that , and she does have a bit of an attitude on her. (Probably from the daily irritation of mental health patients) If you want to speak to someone kinder I would suggest the newer gal which name starts with V. ( I think Veronica or Victoria) she is super sweet but also gives the same information as D without the sharp tongue. I hope this helps !!! I would suggest you go in and see him for yourself !! He's completely changed my life ! :)

November 15th, 2012
Recommend
Dr. Leon is a great doctor. He spends time talking with me during visits. My past doctors have spent about 3 minutes with me, but doctor Leon talks to me like Im a person. He is honest and it is comforting. His staff helps me any time I call. I have never had a problem with any of his staff. They always return my calls and I never have problems booking appointments.

April 19th, 2012
Awful
This doctor has a capital H as in HORRIBLE bedside manner. He rushed me in and out. I don't feel he spent enough time with me to properly diagnose me. He was not open to answering any questions either. His whole demeanor was borderline hostile to me. When I started crying, he gave me a look of disgust and curtly advised me of a tissue box nearby. Would not advise anyone to go there. He quickly rushed me out of there without looking me in the eye, saying goodbye, etc. I hope he reads this and works on his attitude.

February 29th, 2012
I went to Dr. Leon for help with depression . My first 2 visits he was unavailable and I had to see his assistant . She was 15-20 min late . I saw her for 20 min and all she did was prescribed medication and rushed me out of the office . The first office visit cost $400.00 !!! On top of that , the meds are $250.00 for a 30 day supply !!! The Girl what works the front desk is Very Rude and unprofessional . My Second visit was the same . I was there 15 min and was prescribed more meds . That office visit was 100.00 ....plus another $250 for meds !!! I am more Depressed now than when I was when I started seeing this Doctor . I am no longer a patient for obvious reasons . They just want your $$$ , prescribe Meds and push you out the door !!! Its so sad that our health care system treats people that need help with such greed ........

January 27th, 2012
Front Desk/Appointments
Like other patients, I find the front desk staff so very rude. Three times now I have been informed that I cannot get an appointment. The main person is especially rude, and is a law unto herself. I complained to Dr. Leon and he said he had received complaints about her before; why keep her? Again, I have just called, as I am feeling very low, having just lost 3 dear friends...no, no appointment, booked for 2 weeks. I then asked to speak with Dr. Leon, as he told me to do this, if I had problems with appointment. She would not allow me to speak with him, but said she would leave a message. That means she will do nothing, as usual. Result.....I am in bed sobbing. People like that should NOT be working in this kind of office...very angry and hurt.

August 5th, 2011
Doctor Leon takes the time to listen and assess your situation.

July 18th, 2011
Horrible
I have never left a bad review of a doctor before, but feel like I have no choice to leave a bad review for Dr. Leon. My mother (after seeing Dr. Leon for several years) was having an acute psychiatric emergency which eventually lead to hospitalization. I had difficulty getting in touch with Dr. Leon and tried to reach him several times. He never had the courtesy of getting on the phone with me personally, his only response was to "double her medication" which he relayed to me through his receptionist (which I might add was unhelpful and rude). At one point we were able to bring my mother into the office for an appointment. Dr. Leon was almost an hour late, and appeared as if he hadn't slept and was extremely frazzled. I would have to agree with the other patient review that it appears as if Dr. Leon is in need of a psychiatrist himself.

March 1st, 2011
Excellent with prescribing right medications
I've been seeing Dr. Leon since 1999 & he has been able to treat my bipolar disorder the entire time with medications. From time to time the medication needs to be adjusted or changed and only once did he prescribe something that didn't work and quick to follow-up and prescribe something new. He's an excellent doctor, easy to talk with, and I would recommend (and I have) him to anyone.

June 16th, 2010
Don't Bother
It took forever to get an appointment and I was given the wrong address by Aetna. After I gave up trying to find his office I spoke with his staff. They were rude and insulting. You can imagine how unpleasant this is for a person who already has to deal with depression. Needless to say I will be finding another doctor. I have enough difficulty with day to day life without having to deal with such unpleasantness when I try to get help