Dr. Ronald Light MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery New Hyde Park, NY

• Good
  • Bad

May 13th, 2017
I would not go again. I felt like crying when I left. I heard him making fun of me down the hall to a x-Ray tech. He wasn't professional at all and has no manners.

November 21st, 2016
I had a complete knee replacement almost 7 years ago by Dr. Light. I felt comfortable from the 1st time I met him. He did an amazing job! Having the knee replacement was the best thing I could have done. The surgery went well. Staff from the hospital to the rehab facility could not believe how clean my scar was. It was perfectly even and no infections. I can't believe the negative comments i'm seeing. He treated me with respect and listened to my concerns. This was the best decision I ever made. 7 years later, and I'm doing extremely well. I will go back to him in a heartbeat.

April 17th, 2015
R.H. Patient
Amazingly arrogant, condescending. Asked for his help. He could only quip and amuse himself. Didn't return call for more than 24 hours...twice. Would not answer direct questions with anything other than snark. Not sure he even new or cared about my symptoms. Staff was equally disinterrested. Pathetic.

February 7th, 2015
Like new
My family has used Dr. Light when needed for more than 20 years. I am celebrating the 3rd anniversary of my new hip which Dr. Light expertly installed. I have found his staff supportive and courteous. Dr. Light has a great sense of humor but always showed great concern for whatever discomfort I reported. He has followed up regularly and collaborated with the physical therapist on sight when necessary. I thoroughly recommend him.

September 13th, 2012
My personal experience was overall bad. He does not seem to care enough about his patient. He ordered excessive testing and his diagnosis was suspect. I found a much better orthopedist that corrected my problem because he genuinely cared. I strongly recommend you should find someone else...needs to retire.

April 19th, 2012
he is very nasty and condescending
Dr.Light is curt and condescending. He has zero bedside manner. He thinks 'who he is'. His office assured me upon making my appointment that he performed a particular procedure that I was interested in. Upon meeting me, he claimed he does not perform it and blamed his office staff for giving me mis-information. He then offered to refund the office visit fee. He is not a very nice person. He was quick however, to offer me surgery, which is not why I was there. I will never go back to him again.

November 10th, 2011
Miracle worker
I had a full achilles tendon rupture, I'm talking about mop ends he got me walking in 4 weeks instead of the standard 6 in a cast this guy has magic hands

July 11th, 2011
Dr. Leight is a jeckyll and hyde type of doctor. He was nice first couple of visits. But on my last visit displayed another side with a huge temper and was actually very frightening. I never went to him again. Very bad experience.

November 10th, 2010
Down to earth, straight to the point professional.

August 31st, 2010
I met Dr Light one time and felt confident in his ability to replace my knees. I had my first one done and am having the second in a month. Everything went smoothly while under his care at LIJ Orthopedic Unit. However, once I went to inpatient rehab and was assigned another doctor, things weren't going so well. Despite him not being in charge of my care, he had gotten lab result from LIJ after my discharge, and contacted me and spoke with the doctor at rehab to make sure I was treated for this. You want a doector who cares like he did.

August 18th, 2010
STAY AWAY
I went to this doctor after I had a toe injury playing soccer. Because I work at the hospital next door, I was able to get an x-ray before meeting him a week after my injury. The x-ray turned up negative. This was not too surprising according to the radiologist who gave my report because I had waited a week after the injury to take the x-ray and whatever had been there, according to him, was probably healed and not visible on the x-ray. Keep in mind though that my toe still was hurting like crazy.Because Dr. Light was on vacation, I had to wait a month after my injury to get the toe looked at. By this time, the pain had decreased slightly, but was still bothersome. I arrived at the office and had to wait an hour. Despite knowing how long ago my injury was, he arrived telling me to get another x-ray. I told him that I already had an x-ray 3 weeks earlier and it came out negative and that I didn't want to be unnecessarily exposed to more radiation. He insisted that the hospital next door may not have done as thorough a job as they could have, telling me some nonsense about special angles he used to take the scan etc. I was skeptical that he just wanted my insurance money at the cost of my unnecessary exposure to radiation, but I wasn't any doctor so I believed him. I waited another hour and a half until he came in and said that the x-ray came out negative. So I asked him what was wrong with my foot... ge said that I shouldn't stomp my toe or bang it (a toddler could have told me that). I asked him again what was wrong with my toe. He said that if it continued to hurt me after a few weeks to come back and maybe he'd get me an MRI. He never told me what was wrong with my toe and to this day I still don't know what's wrong with it. It's been almost two months and I'm still having problems with it. I'm going to have to have it looked at again, but this time by a real doctor who doesn't just use you for insurance money.Oh, and you should know that he hardly spent any time with me and rushed his visit, despite making me wait for hours.

April 27th, 2017