Internists

Hospital For Special Surgery
535 E 70th St
New York, NY 10021
212-606-1669
Locations and availability (1)

|  Very disappointing  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

Overall experience was very poor. Office visits were very unfocused. Takes rountine calls during very rushed examinations. When I pointed out an issue he said that it was nothing to worry about, however, when I pointed it out to another doctor, it was something quit critical. He is also much more focused on his position within the hospital versus patient care. I could not recommend him as either an internist or rheumatologist.

|  Lack of follow up is unacceptable  |  show details
by Disgruntled daughter of one of his patients on Oct 30th, 2010

To be fair, Dr. McKenzie is my mother's internist. I have met him a number of times but am not his patient. However, while my mother likes him and finds him "easy to talk to," they don't seem to spend time talking about her actual health issues. Is her fatigue the result of her anti-hypertensive medications? Should she be on a different regimen? Should she be worried about the blood in her urine? Is her difficulty walking the result of any knee pathology? Should she have knee replacement surgery? She never seems to get a clear answer to such questions. I wouldn't have been motivated to write this less-thanpglowing review if the following hadn't occurred: two years ago, my mother saw Dr. M about her difficulty walking. He ordered knee films, but never got back to my mother with the results. Months later (admittedly, she could have been more pro-active and called him sooner for the results), she spoke to his staff and was told, "Oh, those films are in storage." To this day, we don't know what the films showed and are no closwer to an answer about whether she has any knee pathology and whether she needs surgical intervention.

|  The best Physician I have ever had.  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2010

The best Physician I have ever had. Dr.Mackenzie is sensitive, caring, and extremely smart about medicine. He has an appreciation & keen understanding of integrative and complimentary medicine. I am a nurse practitioner and have had care in Boston, and New York, Dr. Mackenzie is one of the best physicians I have ever had. I recommend him to everyone.

|  Professional and personable  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2008

I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Mackenzie