Dr. Ronald Magat Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ronald Magat?

Posted on March 14th, 2015

Absolute disaster with this guy. He does not know adult psychiatry. Scheduled an appointment with him for Bi-Polar. Told him SSRI's do not work for me and that I have had poor results with them in the past. After 2 hours and $300 later all he says is that he doesn't know how the medications work but he'll prescribe meds until we find something that might work. And what does he prescribe? An SSRI. Since he is a psychiatrist I decided to trust his judgement and take them. I totally went out of mind on it. Felt like I was crawling out of my skin, craved alcohol, complete uncharacteristic of my normal behavior. My wife called him and told him how bad I was reacting on the medication and all he recommended was to admit me to a psych ward and have them figure it out. And that he will no longer work with me.

Licensed Psychologist/Addictions Specialist

Posted on October 10th, 2013

I recently spoke on the phone and met face to face with Dr. Magat. I found him to be very approachable, professional and knowledgeable specific to the topics that we discussed. It is very difficult to locate a child and adolescent psychiatrist, they are somewhat of a rarity these days, so I am particularly pleased that our paths crossed. I look forward to working with Dr. Magat from this day forward.

Posted on July 8th, 2016