Overall Review

no change

May 13th, 2013
colon cancer survivor
the best angels among us

April 8th, 2011
An exceptional physician
Dr. Ronald Harris is an exceptional physician and oncologist. My mother was 72 years old when she was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. Sadly, she did not achieve remission following her chemotherapy and decided to pursue palliative care. Several months later when things were not looking good, she met Dr. Harris for the first time when we took her to the emergency room. She liked Dr. Harris immediately and he agreed to take her on as his patient. As a doctor who tries to cure patients, it must be difficult to treat a terminally ill patient when curative protocols are no longer an option, yet Dr. Harris was fantastic. He provided my mother with the care she needed to extend her quality of life for as long as possible. Somehow he managed to answer my mothers questions about what to expect in her final days with a smile on his face that was totally authentic, and he gave her honest information in a way that put her mind at ease. He was patient, upbeat, knowledgeable, informative, competent, caring, and charismatic - a perfect combination!

September 12th, 2010
beyond excellence
My sister has been diagnosed with mantle cell non-hodgkins lymphoma. Dr. Harris could not have been more kind, forthcoming or informative. I have worked in the medical profession for several years and have NEVER seen a doctor take the time Dr. Harris has taken to actually sit down in her room and answer all the questions we could think to ask. Not just the first day, but every day she was a patient. He is open to ideas, consultations and referrals. He kept us abreast of all upcoming tests and procedures, gave us the results of all tests asap and laid out a plan of action that the whole family could understand. I was particularly impressed that he was willing to take time to talk with me about my concerns in caring for her at home and wasn't afraid of my emotions about it. I most highly recommend him as a personal physician for anyone going through the trauma of cancer.