Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Rae Ann on Jan 19th, 2015

After consulting with Dr. Johnson before my surgery, I felt less scared and comfortable. He knows how to help a patient feel confident about her surgery. By the way, the surgery itself went well -- there is little notice of a scar.

Outstanding surgeon show details Outstanding surgeon
Jul 12th, 2014

Dr. Johnson is an outstanding surgeon. He is knowledgeable, skilled, and direct. I have complete confidence in him. If you want successful surgery to remove the cancer and get the best cosmetic result possible, go to him. He can be blunt and impatient, so if you want someone to hold your hand and sympathize for a half hour, he's not the right guy for you. Many other medical professionals have said "he's the best" without any prompting on my part, and that means a lot.

President-Business Manager show details President-Business Manager
by Mary Lou Lane on Jul 31st, 2013

Doctor Johnson was attentive and caring. He was everything you could ask for in a surgeon and more. I would recommend him to anyone. My outcome was positive thanks to Dr. Johnson.

He is the best! show details He is the best!
Jul 25th, 2013

So happy to have Dr.Johnson as my surgeon. He is kind, caring and compassionate. He spent a lot of time explaining everything to us and answered all of our questions. We would highly recommend him to family and friends!

Great experience show details Great experience
May 22nd, 2013

Dr. Johnson was great. He answered all my questions with no problems, performed the surgery superbly, and followed up with me personally. His staff is also wonderful and very helpful. If you have to go through this, he is a good doctor to help you through.

Comforting show details Comforting
Aug 21st, 2012

Dr. Johnson has a great sense of humor that was essential to me during the time of my diagnosis and treatment. It made me feel comfortable and at ease.

Jun 24th, 2012

When I found out I had breast cancer, I automatically went into the research mode as to the best hospital and surgeon within driving distance of Youngstown, Ohio. I wanted two opinions, but before I went for my first opinion I already made an appointment with Dr Johnson. My first opinion surgeon wanted to know who I was going to for the second opinion. I told him, and he said Dr Johnson is the surgeon who he would have sent me to. Then he said Dr. Johnson is the best. I agree!

Tremendously Professional/ Best of the Best show details Tremendously Professional/ Best of the Best
Jun 5th, 2012

After being referred to Dr. Johnson and having him as my surgeon, has been a blessing. Dr. Johnson performed a modified radical mastectomy (left breast) on 4/20/2012. I'm pleased with the surgery and his caring nature. His staff is very professional, and I couldn't be in better hands. Dr. Johnson in my opinion is the best in his field of expertise.

Surgery show details Surgery
May 5th, 2012

I went to Dr. Johnson after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Not only was Dr. Johnson thorough in his diagnosis, he had a sense of humor as well, which was very helpful during a stressful time. My surgery was scheduled and I was concerned about scaring after my breast lumpectomy. I was assured that it would be cosmetically pleasing. This is an understatement! He is a skilled surgical oncologist, but could easily have gone into plastics as well.

Carole P show details Carole P
Feb 15th, 2012

I liked Dr.Johnnson right from the start. he answered my questions even before i had a chance to ask them. Its ashame some of the other "team" doctors aren't as caring as he is. Wish he could see me thru my whole process with breast cancer...

Oct 10th, 2011

Dr. Johnson has preformed on me 2 Lumpectomies, 1 Mastectomy, and 1 Axillery Node Dissection and I did not have to take one pain pill. His work is excellant and I reccomend him to everyone that needs a breast surgeon. I have full confidence in him and his work.