Dr. Ronald Johnson MD Patient Reviews

December 23rd, 2016
Wonderful Dr.
Dr. Johnson is a wonderful Dr. and did a great job on my modified radical mastectomy. Also, Maria the Physician Assistant is wonderful as well. I would recommend Dr. Johnson to anyone with breast cancer. All the other staff in this department is very pleasant as well.

July 23rd, 2016
The BEST in Pittsburgh for breast cancer surgery
Busy guy. Cuts to the chase and let's you know exactly what to expect. Has a sense of humor. Awesome support team especially Maria and Becky. Wouldn't see anyone else there! Went to him first in 2000. Had to return in 2015 for a recurrence. Despite changes by corporate UPMC Dr J is still great, still cuts to the chase, and amazingly still has a wonderful sense of humor. He's the doctor you want if you like the facts. Listen to him and try not to interrupt!

May 16th, 2016
I trust him as a surgeon . The incision could have been placed accurately . Extremely rude and belittling , I was NOT Allowed to speak at All. Had to sit & be yelled for information HE had Wrong. Did NOT take care of Privacy . At All ! Did NOT Close curtain, and gave me NO Warning or Choice of asking my BOYFRIEND's MOTHER Who followed me into room without my consent! AND MY MOTHER !! Then Proceded to make Disgusting remarks about the SIZE OF MY BREASTS!!!!' He is a Horrible Person but a Very Recognized Sergion. So I am going to him again for a Major Breast issue because he is trusted by Very intelligent minds. So here I go again a year later.

July 20th, 2015
Not comforting at all
I took a friend to this doctor. He was on point until I had a question and he was down right rude. when someone is very concerned about their diagnosis of breast cancer he should of been a bit more compassionate. He as a doctor should know what the families are going thru and be able to take away some of the fear that they are going thru. I asked a question and what he said to me was down right disturbing. I will never tell anyone to go see him. That Dr. really needs to take a class on bedside manners. He may be a great Dr. But you don't treat patients or families of patients the way he does.

January 19th, 2015
After consulting with Dr. Johnson before my surgery, I felt less scared and comfortable. He knows how to help a patient feel confident about her surgery. By the way, the surgery itself went well -- there is little notice of a scar.

July 12th, 2014
Outstanding surgeon
Dr. Johnson is an outstanding surgeon. He is knowledgeable, skilled, and direct. I have complete confidence in him. If you want successful surgery to remove the cancer and get the best cosmetic result possible, go to him. He can be blunt and impatient, so if you want someone to hold your hand and sympathize for a half hour, he's not the right guy for you. Many other medical professionals have said "he's the best" without any prompting on my part, and that means a lot.

July 31st, 2013
President-Business Manager
Doctor Johnson was attentive and caring. He was everything you could ask for in a surgeon and more. I would recommend him to anyone. My outcome was positive thanks to Dr. Johnson.

July 25th, 2013
He is the best!
So happy to have Dr.Johnson as my surgeon. He is kind, caring and compassionate. He spent a lot of time explaining everything to us and answered all of our questions. We would highly recommend him to family and friends!

May 22nd, 2013
Great experience
Dr. Johnson was great. He answered all my questions with no problems, performed the surgery superbly, and followed up with me personally. His staff is also wonderful and very helpful. If you have to go through this, he is a good doctor to help you through.

August 21st, 2012
Comforting
Dr. Johnson has a great sense of humor that was essential to me during the time of my diagnosis and treatment. It made me feel comfortable and at ease.

June 24th, 2012
When I found out I had breast cancer, I automatically went into the research mode as to the best hospital and surgeon within driving distance of Youngstown, Ohio. I wanted two opinions, but before I went for my first opinion I already made an appointment with Dr Johnson. My first opinion surgeon wanted to know who I was going to for the second opinion. I told him, and he said Dr Johnson is the surgeon who he would have sent me to. Then he said Dr. Johnson is the best. I agree!

May 5th, 2012
Surgery
I went to Dr. Johnson after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Not only was Dr. Johnson thorough in his diagnosis, he had a sense of humor as well, which was very helpful during a stressful time. My surgery was scheduled and I was concerned about scaring after my breast lumpectomy. I was assured that it would be cosmetically pleasing. This is an understatement! He is a skilled surgical oncologist, but could easily have gone into plastics as well.