A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ronald Petersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ronald Petersen, MD, DO is board certified in Anesthesiology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Eating Disorders
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Lyme Disease
- Preventive Medicine
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
Education & Awards
Dr. Petersen graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland.
Dr. Petersen has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Providence Portland Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Petersen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ronald R. Petersen practice?
Dr. Ronald Petersen practices Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Portland, OR.
Additional practice locations include: Hood River, OR and Oregon City, OR.
See Portland Anesthesiologists, Portland Internists, and Portland Cardiologists.