Overall Review

December 16th, 2015
I don't recommend.
I've had punch biopsies performed at my regular doctor's office and only paid my copay. At West Dermatology they code a simple 30 second punch biopsy as surgery and it affects how much my insurance will pay. They know this they did not inform me and went ahead with the biopsy and I got a $500 surprise.

October 13th, 2015
Grateful Patient
He knew the urgency of my situation and worked hard to get me into see the people I needed to see for follow-up and further treatment!!

September 16th, 2015
MOHS Surgery
I had a basal cell carcinoma for over 3 years that i was absolutely dreading to get treated as it was right on my face and quite large. From the moment I walked in the door to set up my surgery I was absolutely terrified especially after doing waaaaay too much research on the internet. I had tried all kinds of holistic treatments only to have it slowly grow larger over the time I had been waiting. After finally making my appointment I met Dr. Shiell who was extremely attentive to my needs and concerns. He is one of the best in the business as far as I'm concerned and that statement comes from doing hours of research around the subject. Upon the day of surgery they gave me a prescription to help ease my anxiety and yet my heart was still pounding as they were prepping me for the surgery. His staff was courteous and considerate far beyond my expectations and did a great job making me feel at ease (No small task.) The procedure was performed quickly and absolutely painlessly and he went out of his way to make sure I stayed calm and comfortable. The MOHS surgery that is his specialty (He is ACMS certified, the most prestigious of credentials for this kind of surgery. He has over 3000 procedures under his belt.) often times takes 3-5 runs before it is completely excised and can take several hours. It only took him two runs and I was out within 2 hours. What a huge relief to get this off my shoulders. I feel extremely lucky to have been cared for my such a professional staff and doctor. If you are faced with getting your skin cancer handled have no fear and don't make the mistake of waiting like I did. The scarring will ultimately be less noticeable then what you started with and you can take comfort knowing you'll be in great hands here at this office. Thank you Dr. Shiell!!

September 7th, 2015
Excellent in every way.

February 14th, 2014
SUCKS!
I have a specific problem and have been treated by a well-known and renowned derm. Unfortunately, insurance issues landed me at this place. Yikes! "Sorry, there is nothing we can do!" Wow, what a response. My previous derm has been treating it and the issue has significantly gotten better. I saw him every month, this place wants to see me back in 3 months, but i am not sure why b/c there is nothing they can do.....remember. This place doesn't set you up with an MD, they put you with a PA that tells you sorry there is nothing they can do, and that previous treatment is not working even when you show them the proof and before and afters. Go get a bum from under a bridge, you will get much further. This is typical Casa Grande - third world medicine. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY!