Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Downtown Troy
1500 W Big Beaver Rd
Ste 100
Troy, MI 48084
248-637-4050
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Very disappointed....  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Strickler 8 months ago after trying to conceive our 2nd child for almost a year. I have been incredibly disappointed in his care, he seems flipant to my worries and questions, he over rides my concerns by comments like 'i do see that as an issue as other women have been able to achieve a positive pregnancy with this issue' We have gone to see him for follow up care where he was completely unaware of what protocols we were taking, then had to wait while he reviewed my chart. He advised IVF as our only option to conceiving a 2nd child, and that has pushed me to a 2nd opinion.

|  Very Disappointing.  |  show details
by Preeti on May 21st, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Strickler by my PCP. My PCP was also from Henry Ford. She suggested the other RE at the same place, Dr. Blacker but when I called she was booked for 3 months. So after talking to my husband we decided not to waste time and settle down for DR. Strickler. And that's what happened we literally settled down for him. My insurance was BCN which requires pre authorization for injectibles and iuis. The nurses never called in for timely authorization and I ended up paying out of pocket for injectibles and insemination. The good thing about Henry Ford is they do not charge their patients for blood work. Well, Dr Strickler underestimated my thyroid levels and my insulin levels. I tried 2 cycles of clomid and 2 iuis. Both failed. I never asked him why the clomid and iui cycles failed? my question was why did I respond so poorly to ovarian stimulation? And he had no answer. That's when I knew he is not the right Doc for us. However I recommend him for his knowledge and experience for couples with ovulation and male infertility problems(simple problems). But for couples with more complicated cases like unexplained infertility or advanced age, egg quality, repeated miscarriages I do not recommend Dr Strickler.