2.4

• Good
  • Bad

September 4th, 2015
His ego overrrides his aura as a physician.

January 28th, 2014
Found Dr Tusa and his staff to be highly competent and courteous. Testing was prompt and thorough. All tests were explained satisfactorily and in detail to this inquisitive engineer. Preliminary findings were shared. In the final wrap-up with Dr Tusa,, their findings were explained carefully and numerous recommendations made for both diet and exercises to be followed at home. Overall, I had the highest praise for everyone at Emory. I left feeling that I had been treated in an exemplary manner by a dedicated and friendly group who cared about their patients. Having read many of the comments included on this site prior to my visit, I had significant concerns. There was virtually nothing of a negative nature that I felt at any time during my 2 days there. It was all good. I do not understand how this many people could be so negative … could it be a case of sour grapes or simply that it is on;y the unhappy ones who bother to writ their comments.

January 16th, 2014
Thorough, good listener, believable
DO NOT BELIEVE all the rubbish in a lot of the comments written about Dr. Tusa. My experience was exactly what I wanted and need: A doctor who cares, listens, honest in his opinions, attentive, believable, and etc., After reading some of the vicious comments made, I was skeptical about my visit, but I was pleasantly surprised and very satisfied with the outcome and find Dr. Tusa to be TOP NOTCH!

April 11th, 2013
Emory charged me 500$ for the worst experience with a Dr.
I had been feeling dizzy for about 2 months when I finally was able to get in and see Dr. Tusa. The resident examined me and presented her findings to Dr. Tusa, when I tried to elaborate on certain points or just speak to him directly he cut me off. He then stated that I needed to 'get my life together' and go on anxiety medication, that the dizziness was all in my head. I quietly stood up and left. I saw a different Dr. a week later and was diagnosed with BPPV through the infrared goggles... hmmm not anxiety after all! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! Emory should gain some self confidence by firing this doctor and hire someone who has actual skills, isn't a womanizer, and doesn't have countless negative reviews spanning years on the internet of unhappy patients.

February 17th, 2013
RUDE / UNPROFESSIONAL/LACK OF COMPASSION
I am a 51 year old male who has suffered with unexplained vertigo/dizziness constantly for the past 6 months. I was referred to Dr. Tusa by my neorologist with hopes of finding the cause for my dizziness/vertigo. WOW what a major dissapointment. I have never been to a dr who treated patients in such a manor. The first complaint is he did not or would not listen to any concerns that I tried to express verbally, he only seemed concerned with the information from the 6 page questionaire. It seems that he had already made up his mind of my diagnosis based on the questionaire with very limited examination. He did however have one test performed and diagnosed me with an underlying physiological issue that was causing my dizziness, which he called conversion disorder or he stated that I was suffering from depression. He abrubtly ended the visit when I questioned his diagnosis by pointed that the way out was down the hall. I have waited with hopes for this office visit for 10 weeks and left with such a humiliated feeling that we (my wife and myself) cried nearly all the way home. My wife even tried to speak up and ask him questions, he cut her off as well and was eqaully as rude to her. If you have hopes in finding answers or being treated like a decent person I do not recommend this Dr. for you. He lacks any concern for patients and seems like he does not care. I can not believe that such a dr. would be working at Emory. Emory has such a great reputation but if they continue to employee drs. like Tusa I do not forsee that reputation lasting. I know my confidence in Emory has been greatly altered after this experience.

May 1st, 2012
Beyond awesome!!
Dr Tusa spent more time with me than most doctors do. He asked what I hope to gain from his treatment. We talked for a long time. He even noticed a small speech impediment I know I have, but no other doctor will even acknowledge when I ask. Excellent. You need all the scans and to have exhausted all the other options to become a patient. I was at wit's end. I highly recommend Dr. Tusa and his group.

October 5th, 2011
Do not consult if you are a female
As others have stated, this was the worst experience I have ever had with the medical profession. I waited 45 minutes until seen by a resident. The resident did not seem to grasp my issues with vertigo and migraines. Instead, he asked me numerous times to tell him about sleep and anxiety problems. Each time I repeated I did not have sleep or anxiety problems. His hearing test was a joke as he whispered in each ear and asked which was louder. After almost 1 1/2 hours, the resident finally presented my case to Dr. Tusa. Once again, he brought up my supposed sleep and anxiety issues. Dr. Tusa, without any discussion, informed me I needed to take Paxil and go on a major migraine diet. He did not ask me any questions, did not determine that anxiety was not an issue, and did not listen to the fact that hormone changes (and not food) triggered my migraines. Needless to say, I did not follow any of Dr. Tusa's suggestions. I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. On the other hand, I had a very positive experience with Dr. Tusa's therapy group.

April 19th, 2011
Horrible Experience
I saw Dr. Tusa for vertigo and dizzy spells several years ago. He spent less than 10 minutes with me and mis-diagnosed me. He told me I needed to see a pyscho-therapist and that I was having panic attacks. I found a physician who diagnosed me correctly shortly thereafter and was symptom free since.

February 10th, 2011
Rudest doctor that I have ever seen
Dr. Tusa basically told me to stop wasting everyone's time, and to learn to cope with my dehabilitating symptoms.

September 2nd, 2010
Incopetent
Simply the worst doctor I have ever been too. Don't believe the hype.

August 14th, 2010
Condensending and unprofessional
I have no idea what Emory is paying this guy to do. He is nonresponsive to questions and never explains anything. A waste of my time, need testing go to dr Hain in Chicago. Tusa does not care about patients I felt like he did not want me there and pushed out the door.

June 24th, 2010
Arrogant, rude, patronizing
This man should do research, then he wouldn't have to actually "treat" anyone. I recently found out the problem is related to my inner ear (balance canals) which has been corrected by surgery at Shands Hospital, different doctor. While I was being tested he told my husband that he shouldn't let me go to any more doctors, it would end up costing him a fortune and would be a waste of time. Asked if we had trouble in our marriage. Had made up his mind before he met me that I had "issues". The only issue I had after seeing him was not pursuing a diagnosis for another 9 months, I was fed up with doctors after I saw him.