inactive

Ronald W Varns MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

July 5th, 2013
Uncaring never tried to find diagnosis
He was rude, did not believe I had pain. Accused me of pain medication seeking. I had headaches, turned out I had a fusiform brain aneurysm in my head. The next Doctor I went to found it within a month. I had brain surgery a St Joseph Hospital within a month after I found a new Doctor that sent me for MRI, then MRI first few visits. Luckily I changed Doctors before this aneurysm ruptured. Otherwise I would probably be dead or severe brain damaged. It seems to me like he wants to go to work be home by 5 and does not take any chances. He should go in another field for he has lost his care for humans.

March 28th, 2013
Wish you the best...You gave us the best
will miss your smile your compassion and you. We want you to know how much we appriciated your professionalism and gentle personality.You never realise how much one person can change your life. Wish you the best retirement possible. God Bless

March 13th, 2012
Caring, experienced family doctor--has been in this area for over 25 years. Listens when I talk, and very helpful with diagnosing and treating problems as well as maintaining wellness.

November 22nd, 2010
Very, Very Disappointed
Dr. Varns doesn't seem knowledgeable regarding complicated medical issues, nor does he seem interested in researching them. His answer to everything outside his seemingly limited "expertise", is a referral to a "specialist", who may or may not be the appropriate doctor to diagnose your illness. I cannot recall a single instance, where Dr. Varns answered my medical questions thoroughly or intelligently. In my opinion, Dr. Varns and his staff, particularly the referral coordinator, does sloppy work. I have been denied medical treatment several times, because the referral coordinator failed to provide complete and accurate documentation to the specialist. I have also been denied treatment, because Dr. Varns either failed to order or provide the specialist with fundamental tests, like x-rays or an MRI. Adding to my overall negative experience is an employee in the front office, who in my opinion, is anything but friendly and professional. She has an English, British, or Australian accent, and she comes across as rude and abrasive. On several occasions she has spoken to me in a condescending and curt manner. Truthfully, based on my personal experiences, I cannot in good conscience, recommend anyone be seen by Dr. Varns, for any reason.