Dr. P Paul MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

July 7th, 2016
Looking forward to work with him

July 4th, 2016
AWESOME!!!
AWESOME!!! Had my back surgery and feel 20 years younger!!!! 6 weeks after surgery and am doing everything I did before (well, almost - I have to wait another 6 weeks before I can really let loose according to Doc). Was up and walking after surgery - I actually tried to teach a nurse how to belly dance when I was allowed out of bed to walk for the first time after surgery. She stopped me in time though and we just walked around the floor and to PT and OT, walked up and down steps, got up and down on chairs and mock car, etc., to make sure I would be ok at home during recovery. I used a walker at home for about a week, then went to a cane for two weeks (I was afraid of falling, otherwise I would not have used it), and now I'm able to run down the stairs (when my knees permit) like I used to do in my 30's. WITH NO PAIN!!!! Also, he used plastic surgeon stitches so the scar would be thin and very straight. I love to belly dance and was worried about the appearance the scar would have (in addition to the worry about my walking without pain). Bless Dr. Paul's hands. Bless all of his staff in his office. And God Bless all the staff at Edwards Hospital for their kindness, compassion, empathy, and for being so wise and knowledgeable in their field.

March 13th, 2016
Dr. Paul is congenial, comforting, and patient. He takes time to explain the findings of X-rays and MRIs and the options available. He is not quick to jump at surgery as the first and only resort. Finally if nothing else has given relief, he will discuss your surgical options, explains each step in the process and shows you on a spine model what would be done, what to expect post surgery and the physical and occupational therapy required. He is very soothing and calming, which I appreciated since I was scared out of my wits. He is not condescending nor patronizing. He made me feel like I was his most important patient. His staff loves him as well which speaks well of him

March 9th, 2016
Lower back surgery
I had severe back pain going to my left leg than all the way to my foot. I got four epidural injection, but pain never left me. My Dr recommended me Dr. Paul and he performed the surgery about a month ago. The moment I woke up from surgery, the pain was instantly gone from my leg. I thought that pain would never leave and when it did, I can't remember ever being so relieved in my entire life. A month later after following his orders fir recovery, I can now walk without the walker and almost pain free. He's an amazing doctor and person. He actually moved up the date of my surgery so he could end my pain sooner. I hope this review helps you as the many others before mine helped me.

December 19th, 2015
I was referred to Dr. Paul by my nephew because of his excellent bedside manner and the great results of his surgery. Dr. Paul was the third Dr . I visited and the only one that discussed all of the risks involved for patients with MS as well as the recovery period and rehab. I felt totally comfortable scheduling my surgery with him.

September 12th, 2015
Dr. Paul is a great surgeon. Did a microdiscectomy on my lower back (L5-S1) on 5/21/15, I walked out of the hospital that same day. Now I am walking 2-4 miles a day, no more of the unbearable butt and leg pain, no more not being able to walk. Because I waited almost a year to see a surgeon, I have numbness in my calf, toes, and upper thigh. He said it could take up to a year to heal if at all. I am very thankful to him and how honest he was with me. I needed the surgery and that was that. Before going to him I tried PT, exercising , I lost weight, and was on all kinds of pills. It just got worse. Yes it's hard to get an appt, yes you have to see his assistant 1st. So what?! If you want a great surgeon this is what you have to go through. If you want an appt right away then go to a dr with bad reviews. To say Dr. Paul is excellent is an understatement. He is better than excellent. I have degenerative disc disease so this is not our last time seeing each other. I just hope he stays in Illinois because he is the only doctor I will ever go to for back and spine related issues.

August 26th, 2015
the spine cirugia
lo recomendaria siempre es el mejor cirujano gracias dr. paul ronjon

December 5th, 2014
The best of the best
Dr. Paul is the best, and he is the only surgeon I want to work on my spine, if I need spine surgery again. As a nurse, I had colleagues who knew that he was among the best in our area. His bio is impressive, as well as feedback I had from others who had him as their surgeon. I also had a few different physical therapists recommend him. He explained the MRI results, showed me the images and discussed what treatment options there were. Answered every question I had, without making me feel rushed. Requires his patients to attend "spine class." Best requirement ever- learned everything I needed to know beforehand. There were no surprises. Both surgery and recovery went well and without any complications, thanks to his skill and knowledge. Embodies excellence.

October 31st, 2014
I recommend Dr. Paul and his practice wholeheartedly.

September 28th, 2014
My pain is gone !
After 9 years of pain, and a failed surgery in 2007 Dr. Ronjon Paul was recommended by my primary doctor. He is a surgeon who works miracles!! After all the years of suffering, all the pain is gone! I didn't think that was possible, but it's truly a miracle. I'm so very grateful to him.

July 24th, 2014
Elite spine surgeon !
I had spinal fusion surgery with Dr. Ronjon Paul of SCDMG. Every staff member, PA, technician and doctor I came into contact with was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and willing and able to answer any and all questions pertaining to my procedure and healing process. All aspects of the spinal fusion were explained to me in a way that removed most fears and concerns that I may have had. Two neighbors of mine, close in age to myself, had almost identical procedures to mine at two other spinal medical groups with far less favorable results, and words of praise. Although I hope to not need any further spinal care,if I do,I know what my preference is going to be. The Spine Center of Dupage Medical Group.

July 8th, 2014
Strongly recommend !
I am very grateful for getting my quality of life back thanks to the awesome work done by Dr. Paul!!!!!!!!! His whole staff are very friendly and polite make you feel more like family than a patient. If you have back problems I strongly recommend going to see these wonderful people!!