Dr. P Paul Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. P Paul?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017

He is the best

I had a large disc protrusion at L5-S1 and disc bulge and protrusion at L4-L5 and severe leg pain on my right side. No improvement after six sessions of physical therapy and one epidural steroid injection. For four months the pain got worse and worse day by day. I could not sit and was on bed most the time. I was suggested to see Dr. Paul for second opinion and surgery if needed. This was the best suggestion for me. Dr. Paul examined my MRI and the x-ray taken in his office during the visit, and said decisively “The herniation is very bad and you need surgery ASAP”. He managed to have the surgery scheduled right away and did it early in the morning at 7:30 one week later. Today, one week after surgery and two weeks since I first saw him, I walked in a park for one and half hours pain free! He is so good and I really appreciate his help to me, a total stranger. He has always a very tight schedule. But he managed very effectively with the help of excellent nurses and assistants. He finished the 2-level surgery on me in less than 45 minutes. His assistants reviewed surgery details with me and will also see me for post-op follow ups. Dr. Paul will be on vacation and I am glad for him to have a break since he worked too hard. I will miss him and wish him well. I am over 71 and will have my quality of life back thanks to Dr. Paul.I had a large disc protrusion at L5-S1 and disc bulge and protrusion at L4-L5 and severe leg pain on my right side. No improvement after six sessions of physical therapy and one epidural steroid injection. For four months the pain got worse and worse day by day. I could not sit and was on bed most the time. I was suggested to see Dr. Paul for second opinion and surgery if needed. This was the best suggestion for me. Dr. Paul examined my MRI and the x-ray taken in his office during the visit, and said decisively “The herniation is very bad and you need surgery ASAP”. He managed to have the surgery scheduled right away and did it early in the morning at 7:30 one week later. Today, one week after surgery and two weeks since I first saw him, I walked in a park for one and half hours pain free! He is so good and I really appreciate his help to me, a total stranger. He has always a very tight schedule. But he managed very effectively with the help of excellent nurses and assistants. He finished the 2-level surgery on me in less than 45 minutes. His assistants reviewed surgery details with me and will also see me for post-op follow ups. Dr. Paul will be on vacation and I am glad for him to have a break since he worked too hard. I will miss him and wish him well. I am over 71 and will have my quality of life back thanks to Dr. Paul.I had a large disc protrusion at L5-S1 and disc bulge and protrusion at L4-L5 and severe leg pain on my right side. No improvement after six sessions of physical therapy and one epidural steroid injection. For four months the pain got worse and worse day by day. I could not sit and was on bed most the time. I was suggested to see Dr. Paul for second opinion and surgery if needed. This was the best suggestion for me. Dr. Paul examined my MRI and the x-ray taken in his office during the visit, and said decisively “The herniation is very bad and you need surgery ASAP”. He managed to have the surgery scheduled right away and did it early in the morning at 7:30 one week later. Today, one week after surgery and two weeks since I first saw him, I walked in a park for one and half hours pain free! He is so good and I really appreciate his help to me, a total stranger. He has always a very tight schedule. But he managed very effectively with the help of excellent nurses and assistants. He finished the 2-level surgery on me in less than 45 minutes. His assistants reviewed surgery details with me and will also see me for post-op follow ups. Dr. Paul will be on vacation and I am glad for him to have a break since he worked too hard. I will miss him and wish him well. I am over 71 and will have my quality of life back thanks to Dr. Paul.

April 9th, 2017

Best of the BEST

I had my back surgery with him a couple years ago and no more pain. ILooking back I shouldn't have waited so long. I was up and walking in a month or so pain free! Thank you Dr Ron Jon Paul and his staff!

July 8th, 2016

Looking forward to work with him

July 4th, 2016

AWESOME!!!

AWESOME!!! Had my back surgery and feel 20 years younger!!!! 6 weeks after surgery and am doing everything I did before (well, almost - I have to wait another 6 weeks before I can really let loose according to Doc). Was up and walking after surgery - I actually tried to teach a nurse how to belly dance when I was allowed out of bed to walk for the first time after surgery. She stopped me in time though and we just walked around the floor and to PT and OT, walked up and down steps, got up and down on chairs and mock car, etc., to make sure I would be ok at home during recovery. I used a walker at home for about a week, then went to a cane for two weeks (I was afraid of falling, otherwise I would not have used it), and now I'm able to run down the stairs (when my knees permit) like I used to do in my 30's. WITH NO PAIN!!!! Also, he used plastic surgeon stitches so the scar would be thin and very straight. I love to belly dance and was worried about the appearance the scar would have (in addition to the worry about my walking without pain). Bless Dr. Paul's hands. Bless all of his staff in his office. And God Bless all the staff at Edwards Hospital for their kindness, compassion, empathy, and for being so wise and knowledgeable in their field.

March 13th, 2016

Dr. Paul is congenial, comforting, and patient. He takes time to explain the findings of X-rays and MRIs and the options available. He is not quick to jump at surgery as the first and only resort. Finally if nothing else has given relief, he will discuss your surgical options, explains each step in the process and shows you on a spine model what would be done, what to expect post surgery and the physical and occupational therapy required. He is very soothing and calming, which I appreciated since I was scared out of my wits. He is not condescending nor patronizing. He made me feel like I was his most important patient. His staff loves him as well which speaks well of him

March 9th, 2016

Lower back surgery

I had severe back pain going to my left leg than all the way to my foot. I got four epidural injection, but pain never left me. My Dr recommended me Dr. Paul and he performed the surgery about a month ago. The moment I woke up from surgery, the pain was instantly gone from my leg. I thought that pain would never leave and when it did, I can't remember ever being so relieved in my entire life. A month later after following his orders fir recovery, I can now walk without the walker and almost pain free. He's an amazing doctor and person. He actually moved up the date of my surgery so he could end my pain sooner. I hope this review helps you as the many others before mine helped me.

December 19th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Paul by my nephew because of his excellent bedside manner and the great results of his surgery. Dr. Paul was the third Dr . I visited and the only one that discussed all of the risks involved for patients with MS as well as the recovery period and rehab. I felt totally comfortable scheduling my surgery with him.

September 13th, 2015

Dr. Paul is a great surgeon. Did a microdiscectomy on my lower back (L5-S1) on 5/21/15, I walked out of the hospital that same day. Now I am walking 2-4 miles a day, no more of the unbearable butt and leg pain, no more not being able to walk. Because I waited almost a year to see a surgeon, I have numbness in my calf, toes, and upper thigh. He said it could take up to a year to heal if at all. I am very thankful to him and how honest he was with me. I needed the surgery and that was that. Before going to him I tried PT, exercising , I lost weight, and was on all kinds of pills. It just got worse. Yes it's hard to get an appt, yes you have to see his assistant 1st. So what?! If you want a great surgeon this is what you have to go through. If you want an appt right away then go to a dr with bad reviews. To say Dr. Paul is excellent is an understatement. He is better than excellent. I have degenerative disc disease so this is not our last time seeing each other. I just hope he stays in Illinois because he is the only doctor I will ever go to for back and spine related issues.

August 26th, 2015

the spine cirugia

lo recomendaria siempre es el mejor cirujano gracias dr. paul ronjon

December 6th, 2014

The best of the best

Dr. Paul is the best, and he is the only surgeon I want to work on my spine, if I need spine surgery again. As a nurse, I had colleagues who knew that he was among the best in our area. His bio is impressive, as well as feedback I had from others who had him as their surgeon. I also had a few different physical therapists recommend him. He explained the MRI results, showed me the images and discussed what treatment options there were. Answered every question I had, without making me feel rushed. Requires his patients to attend "spine class." Best requirement ever- learned everything I needed to know beforehand. There were no surprises. Both surgery and recovery went well and without any complications, thanks to his skill and knowledge. Embodies excellence.

October 31st, 2014

I recommend Dr. Paul and his practice wholeheartedly.

September 28th, 2014

My pain is gone !

After 9 years of pain, and a failed surgery in 2007 Dr. Ronjon Paul was recommended by my primary doctor. He is a surgeon who works miracles!! After all the years of suffering, all the pain is gone! I didn't think that was possible, but it's truly a miracle. I'm so very grateful to him.