Family Practitioner, General Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Atrocious Experience  |  show details
by Anonymous on Feb 25th, 2014

In short: I waited two hours to be seen, he ordered completely unnecessary tests just to make money off of my insurance, the entire staff was cold and rude, the environment in the office is terrible, his courtesy and manner during the 5 minute exam was terrible, and he used other ways to try and make more money off of me. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, and go to another doctor, and another office. I'm not sure how he has 4 stars on this site, but my experience with Ronnie Claiborne, along with the rest of his medical group, was completely abhorrent and terrible. My appointment was at 9:15a, and, being a new patient, I arrived at 9a to get paperwork done to make sure I could be seen as soon as possible. I didn't see any doctor until past 11a -- I waited for nearly TWO HOURS, and if I hadn't poked my head out and told someone that I needed to leave soon then I'd be waiting for even longer! I can understand that a wait should be expected in any doctors' office, but two hours for general practice is completely ridiculous. Then, when I poked my head out to the nurse to ask how much longer it would be, she told me he was going to be another 15-20 minutes. When I explained that I needed to be to work, and that I'd already been waiting for 2 hours, she just told me in a very rude tone that he had other patients before me who were just as important. AGAIN, I was the 9a appt; they were only open an hour before I walked in, and he was already 2 hours behind. Besides her, all members of his staff acted cold, like they just didn't want to be there and that they didn't care about anyone who came through the door. After he finally came into the exam room, I told him I was just there to get a prescription for an asthma inhaler -- I had just moved from Utah, and my years' worth of refills were about to run out; I had my inhaler with me so that he could see what kind it was, as well as my medical history to show what my doctor had me on for the past year. HE ORDERED BLOOD TESTS.....for an asthma condition....completely and totally pointless. He also didn't give me any refills, I'll be lucky if it lasts for a month! He's only interested in making you come back frequently enough so that he can keep billing you for doctor's visits, then order pointless tests so he can make money off of your insurance.

|  Dr Claiborne  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

This Dr. Is the best Doctor in town. By far the best bed side manners and was very helpful. I was very impressed with the office appearance and the staff was great.

|  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

went go to a doctor if cliabornwas not my doctor

|  Best Dr in Kern County!  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2009

Dr.Claiborne is a very caring and supportive doctor. He has a lot of patients but still gives each one plenty of time and attention. I go to him for all of my needs because I know I can trust him to give me the best care. Plus he's very good about helping patients not spend money on tests.

|  very nice guy  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 30th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I have known Dr Claiborne for 2 years now, he has a great bedside manner and listens to the patients needs, he wont kick you out the door wi...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com