Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

by Sara Nall on Mar 15th, 2015

The staff was always kind and curtious. I very much enjoyed having Dr. Dennis as my OB. He did a tubal after delivering my daughter via c-section. IF I were to end up pregnant again I would definitely have him as my OB again.

May 15th, 2014

I had a TAH performed by Dr. Ronald Dennis on April 16, 2014. I am impressed and pleased with my care under Dr. Dennis. I sought out his specialty after years of chronic pain in my abdomen. I had been through the mill of tests year after year, and at age 67; I was, quite frankly, becoming cynical about the whole of medicine and physicians in particular. I thought and felt I had found the right physician following my very first visit with Dr. Dennis. Dr. Dennis ordered a sonogram and a follow up appointment was scheduled for me after the results were available to him. I had three appointments with Dr. Dennis before my surgery. The last appointment was for a final decision making on my part. He was reassuring and confident about the necessity of my surgery. I am currently recovering and doing well. On a personal level, I found Dr. Dennis to be a genuinely kind man with a pleasing demeanor. I will recommend Dr.Dennis to any woman of any age, who has concerns about her gynecological health.

Be Careful!!! show details Be Careful!!!
by J on Apr 17th, 2013

Dr. Dennis took care of me for my first pregnancy in 2006. One lady warned me that he would induce me even if I didn't need it. Sure enough, 38 weeks he induced me. While I was pregnant with our second daughter, he heard my hubby and I haveing a convo about no more children. He recommended a Tubal Ligation. I did not know what that was, but because he was a doctor I thought "He must know." Well, June 2007 AGAIN, I was induced. Dr. Dennis kept bring up the conversation of a C-section. My mother, who was there, said no because I didn't need it. A nurse told me to wait a little longer, and how DR. Dennis is quick to go for a c-section when labor is not going as fast as he wants. Well, Dr. Dennis came back again and told a C-section is a must. So I signed away. Well, The nurse was trying to talk for me, because i was medicated, but Dr. Dennis just walked off. Well, c-section and tubal ligation were performed. Immediately after I started getting hotflashes. like a few minutes after waking me up. well, I went to see him about this and he wasn't there that day. Left a message and still didn't get information. When I turned 29, I was diagnosed with PTLS. PTLS is Post Traumatic Tubal Ligation. I was 26 at the time of the Tubal Ligation. My best friend had him as a doctor and she too was induced. Her baby's lungs were not fully developed. Her baby ended up sick. Her baby spent months in the hospital. When it was time for her 6 week check up with Dr. Dennis, she noticed a letter on the door. She said the letter had stated that Dr. Dennis was no longer practicing in SC, and that he moved his practice to TX. Very unprofessional. She didn't get a call, letter, or email.

:) show details :)
by Mariah McCrea on Feb 20th, 2010

he is a great doctor. i would tell anyone who wanted a good doctor to see him. he was there for me through my pregnancy. he even delivered my son.

Nov 11th, 2009

Dismissive, overbearing and pushes unnecessary surgeries on his patients. Get a second opinion girls!

Awesome! show details Awesome!
by Grace Church on Aug 19th, 2009

Awesome! Honest, Respectful, Not only sympathetic, but empathetic too. Wonderful.

Wonderful Dr. show details Wonderful Dr.
by ac on Feb 2nd, 2009

Dr. Dennis was a great Dr. through both pregnancys. He takes every concern I have seriously. His staff is friendly and answers all my questions no matter how many I ask in a day. His staff is accomodating with me living in Sumter and refusing to use Tuomey for anything. Dr. Dennis and his staff just seem to be willing to go the extra mile for their patients. I would recommend him to anyone and I do.

wonderful OB/GYN show details wonderful OB/GYN
by Karen Kimm Brinson, PA-C on Dec 4th, 2008

I have had the opportunity to know Dr. Dennis both as a student, an employee and as a patient. I worked as his Physician Assistant from 2005 - 2007, and had him as an instructor while in PA school in 2002. When I found out I was pregnant there was no other choice for me BUT Dr. Dennis. He is very caring, compassionate and most of all experienced and knowledgeable - were I still in Sumter I would choose him as my OB/GYN without hesitation.

I thought i was just his office, but no... show details I thought i was just his office, but no...
by K.T. on Sep 23rd, 2008

At first I really liked Dr. Dennis. But his office, the nurses, were so rude. They would never give him messages when I called, when I wanted information about the surgery they were going to perform on me they wouldn't tell me anything about it. I had to read about it on the internet. So I went for a second opinion. In doing so this DR. tells me I don't have cervical cancer like Dr. Dennis told me I did. And that I don't need surgery. Then I hear he had his rights revoked at Tumoey and that he had sexual harassment charges against him. What a thing to find out after I was referred to him.

Wonderful OB/Gyn show details Wonderful OB/Gyn
by Algnette on Sep 12th, 2008

Dr. Ronnie Dennis is a wonderful, kind, caring physician. He really goes out of his way to help people. He has delivered so many babies successfully without complications. It is a shame that the Chief of Staff (Mark Mitchiner)of Tuomey took away his privileges. Dr. Dennis is truly one of the best doctors in Sumter, S.C.