Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  A Mixed Bag  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. V for about 2 years. I moved to Ft. Myers about 2 1/2 years ago and quickly discovered what a psychiatric wasteland it is. He is certainly adequate to manage my stable bipolar disorder and is empathetic when I need some of that. However, I am having more and more problems with Laurie, his office help. She seems to be easily flustered and short tempered at times. I don't get a return phone call when it is appropriate (I'm a nurse so know about this stuff). She is apparently not in the office when the doc isn't, so there is nobody to answer the phone, no voicemail, and no e-mail address with which to communicate. He keeps very limited hours only on certain days of the week. Heaven forbid I would have an emergency. But like I said, nice guy, but I don't know what he would be like in an emergency. CERTAINLY better care than I received in Ft. Myers!

|  My Visit with Dr Valenzula  |  show details
by Sinda Oberle on Sep 27th, 2013

The receptionist was courests and amazingly nice. There was no wait time. Dr Valenzula was amazingly kind and easy to talk to. It was a good experience. You don't find Doctors like him these days. Very respectful

|  Stay away from Dr. Valenzuela  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2012

Dr. Valenzuela reduced the doses of my medications, in one case halving a high dose from one day to the next. The new medications he gave me did not work at all. I became profoundly depressed and almost committed suicide. I believe he does not know what he is doing. I was hospitalized and later went to a different psychiatrist who gave me new medications that worked. Valenzuela did not suggest medications--with the new medications, I would mention a drug I had heard of--and then he'd immediately prescribe it. Other than apparently believing I was on "too much" medication initially, he didn't seem to have his own ideas, knowledge, or criteria from which to base his decisions. He may not have been board-certified in psychiatry at the time I was his patient. I went to him because he was the only Naples psychiatrist "in network" with Psychcare/Humana insurance. He told me he was in charge of a division of the David Lawrence Center, so in my opinion that does not speak highly of their Center.

|  i agree with the docs malpractice  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

I was a patient of the doctor in 2006. The doctor gave me medication that made me a zombie, i could not make it to the bathroom constantly peeing down my leg. He told me that i could not fly to Indiana with my sister to see my family. I do have schizophrenia, which i genetically got it passed down from my grandfather. It had not a thing to do with alcohol. I am not giving this doctor one star. The doctor is at David Lawrence now. That place is a joke too.

|  office lady a complete biot h  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2010

Very rude and unprofessional enuff said...

|  Dr Valenzuela and this Office doesn't care or take care of their Patients.  |  show details
by A PATIENT WHO IS REAL CLOSE GOING OFF THE DEEP IN. on Dec 30th, 2008

Will not return calls or take care of patients in emergency situations. Office also inores you. What do you do for help, I guess maybe go off the deep end and be like a postal crazy person and kill 10 or 12 people. Do you think this will get Dr Valenzuela's attention? That maybe his patient, needs there meds, huh? Wonder if this falls under Doctor malpractice? Drs shouldn't be Doctors if they can't handle the responible. I am a very mad person wondering why no one gives a s _ _ t.I have been tring to get a new prescription for 2 weeks. Oh it is the holidays, Oh he is busy, he is moving his office down the hall, Oh explain that to the 10-12 people I attach because of no meds, Huh? Not good, forcing a person to go cold turkey around the holidays, It would be different if I wouldn't have sent money for office call and mailing expense, but it wasn't even opened, even though it was marked ergent. There are 3 office women, I guess they need more help, Huh. Not getting the job done. Or maybe it is a law thing, they are not allowed to do what ever. Bull _ _ _ t. I have been a patient ever since he has been in Naples long time no excuse for this crap.