Dr. Ronny Valenzuela MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 1st, 2017
Professional and caring
I have been to Dr. Valenzuela multiple times over the last few years. Every time I see him he is caring and concerned. His receptionist is always kind. Dr. Valenzuela has seen during his lunch period or same day appointments if I'm losing it a little that day. He has also called me and talked to me without charging.

June 28th, 2017
Dr. V Review
I am 57 years old. I had my 1st round of electric shock therapy when I was 17 years old. I had another round of electric shock therapy in 2016. Dr. Valenzuela treated me when I was first Baker Acted to The David Lawrence Center in 2010. He started his own practice several years ago and he does not accept insurance. But, his fee is only $110 per visit. I used to see him every three months; but, now I may see him every six months if I choose. He got me Social Security Disability. He referred me to John Hurley who is an attorney in Naples, FL. Hurley only deals with Social Security Disability cases. I met with him and his staff gave me the paper work so that he could file it with Social Security. I completed the paper work and submitted it to his staff. Early 2011, I received a check from social security for $26,000 and now I receive a $2,156 monthly from social security which includes Medicare insurance. I was a retired CPA / MBA and made $130,000 a year plus a company car and a company phone. I had purchased a private insurance policy from Northwestern Mutual in Naples, FL and was receiving a $4,000 monthly payment from them. Enough said.

May 11th, 2015
He saved my life

September 27th, 2013
My Visit with Dr Valenzula
The receptionist was courests and amazingly nice. There was no wait time. Dr Valenzula was amazingly kind and easy to talk to. It was a good experience. You don't find Doctors like him these days. Very respectful

November 29th, 2012
Stay away from Dr. Valenzuela
Dr. Valenzuela reduced the doses of my medications, in one case halving a high dose from one day to the next. The new medications he gave me did not work at all. I became profoundly depressed and almost committed suicide. I believe he does not know what he is doing. I was hospitalized and later went to a different psychiatrist who gave me new medications that worked. Valenzuela did not suggest medications--with the new medications, I would mention a drug I had heard of--and then he'd immediately prescribe it. Other than apparently believing I was on "too much" medication initially, he didn't seem to have his own ideas, knowledge, or criteria from which to base his decisions. He may not have been board-certified in psychiatry at the time I was his patient. I went to him because he was the only Naples psychiatrist "in network" with Psychcare/Humana insurance. He told me he was in charge of a division of the David Lawrence Center, so in my opinion that does not speak highly of their Center.

March 22nd, 2012
i agree with the docs malpractice
I was a patient of the doctor in 2006. The doctor gave me medication that made me a zombie, i could not make it to the bathroom constantly peeing down my leg. He told me that i could not fly to Indiana with my sister to see my family. I do have schizophrenia, which i genetically got it passed down from my grandfather. It had not a thing to do with alcohol. I am not giving this doctor one star. The doctor is at David Lawrence now. That place is a joke too.

December 4th, 2011
Great physcian

October 1st, 2010
office lady a complete biot h
Very rude and unprofessional enuff said...

January 6th, 2009