Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2017
Forgettable
I've seen Dr. Roopa twice and her PA, Krista Allen, once. I started seeing her in Feb 2017. The first time I saw Dr. Roopa my husband went with me. My initial reason for seeing her was trouble conceiving. Our wait time was 45 minutes and the time Dr. Roopa was in the room was less than 10. The second time was for a follow up with Krista, her PA. I was put on meds to control insulin, thinking I may have PCOS. I'm sure Krista is knowledge enough, but I would rather have seen Dr. Roopa in follow up for labs as well as being put on a new medication. My third and most recent visit I saw Dr. Roopa on follow up after taking medication to control PCOS. She was completely dismissive of my side effect, concerns and decided to put me on a thyroid medication, even though as she said 'your thyroid is normal'. I had to clarify dates, medications and side effects several times during our short visit. I am hopeful something will change but have considered seeking a second opinion.

February 1st, 2017
Dr. Roopa is a great doctor, the staff at her office is horrible. Starting at the front desk, her nurse and checkout - either they hate their jobs or are just not the right people for their positions. Get some new staff that are pleasant or you will loose your patients. Let me repeat - Dr. Roopa is a great doctor, it is her unpleasant staff that is the issue!

January 16th, 2016
She pushed my condition into a tailspin.
It's very surprising being a specialist she hardly spends anytime time to hear what the patient says and suggest proper diagnosis. She always goes by what she 'believes'. She repeatedly denied what I think was the problem. One of the problems I saw here for was chronic debilitating fatigue. She didn't even care to recommend tests beyond blood sugar & HbA1c despite the fact that I was going thru several emergency visits. Her knowledge also sucks - finally when I requested to check my Adrenal functioning thru Cosyntropin Stimulation test she asked me back how in the world anybody could stimulate Cosyntropin! That's when I figured it's time to move on. And later, to my surprise, I got diagnosed elsewhere, so many endocrinologically critical levels have gone way out of balance.

September 14th, 2014
Not impressed
Dr. Roopa is quiet and seemed like a nice woman. I do not feel like she takes the time to get to know her patients. My average appointment time spent with her was maybe five minutes. I feel like she recommends what she believes is best for you without considering what you desire as well. She did not explain the benefits/risks of the recommended procedures either. I went to a new doctor after seeing Dr. Roopa for several years in the hopes to find someone who would talk to me and discuss things with me, instead of leaving me with questions.

March 13th, 2013
Saved me
When my test numbers didn't add up, Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash was the only one of my doctors that was concerned. Her dedication to finding the problem was responsible for the early detection of cancer in my lymph nodes, and subsequent surgery and treatment. She is a kind, considerate, caring, and thorough doctor. I have been with her for five years and will not go to anyone else.

June 28th, 2012
Unprofessional practice
Broke confidentiality. Discussed medical history in front of family during babies birth.

September 20th, 2011
Excellent Experience
Very nice and caring with my elderlygrandmother. Extremely patient and willing to explain things.

March 6th, 2017