Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

3.0

She pushed my condition into a tailspin. show details She pushed my condition into a tailspin.
Jan 16th, 2016

It's very surprising being a specialist she hardly spends anytime time to hear what the patient says and suggest proper diagnosis. She always goes by what she 'believes'. She repeatedly denied what I think was the problem. One of the problems I saw here for was chronic debilitating fatigue. She didn't even care to recommend tests beyond blood sugar & HbA1c despite the fact that I was going thru several emergency visits. Her knowledge also sucks - finally when I requested to check my Adrenal functioning thru Cosyntropin Stimulation test she asked me back how in the world anybody could stimulate Cosyntropin! That's when I figured it's time to move on. And later, to my surprise, I got diagnosed elsewhere, so many endocrinologically critical levels have gone way out of balance.

Not impressed show details Not impressed
Sep 14th, 2014

Dr. Roopa is quiet and seemed like a nice woman. I do not feel like she takes the time to get to know her patients. My average appointment time spent with her was maybe five minutes. I feel like she recommends what she believes is best for you without considering what you desire as well. She did not explain the benefits/risks of the recommended procedures either. I went to a new doctor after seeing Dr. Roopa for several years in the hopes to find someone who would talk to me and discuss things with me, instead of leaving me with questions.

Saved me show details Saved me
by Just me on Mar 13th, 2013

When my test numbers didn't add up, Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash was the only one of my doctors that was concerned. Her dedication to finding the problem was responsible for the early detection of cancer in my lymph nodes, and subsequent surgery and treatment. She is a kind, considerate, caring, and thorough doctor. I have been with her for five years and will not go to anyone else.

Unprofessional practice show details Unprofessional practice
Jun 28th, 2012

Broke confidentiality. Discussed medical history in front of family during babies birth.

Excellent Experience show details Excellent Experience
Sep 20th, 2011

Very nice and caring with my elderlygrandmother. Extremely patient and willing to explain things.