Dr. Rosabella Shek MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 28th, 2017
Wasted Time
I was told i was in liver failure due to Hep.C, & needed Treatment ASAP. After a myriad of invasive testing and several months I was then told I needed a gastroscopy & a colonoscopy. After almost 6mo. of being put off for treatment I left.She is very condescending when answering questions and seemed put-off by my asking them. My new MD remarked "A liver Biopsy, no-one does those anymore"! OMG, that one hurt the most! Her office staff is awful in terms of calling you back and answering questions. Just stay away!

May 9th, 2016
Best Doctor and staff I have had in Florida
They call immediately after getting test results. They are very comptent.

May 3rd, 2016
She never remembers me I have to review every time , and the staff in the office are terrible that act like that don't have a clue.

July 28th, 2015
Staff and protocol
I waited two weeks for my appointment, and 30 minutes to be seen. The staff misguided me from the very beginning. I called to make an appointment and the first question was "Are you a new patient" Yes, I am. Second question "What insurance do you have?" Humana POS the third question or reply should have been Dr. Shek is not associated with any surgery centers that accept Humana POS. I wasted so much time and an $85 co-pay only to be told that I can not have the procedures I need done by Dr. Shek and she would refer me to someone! The gal that does the procedure scheduling told me that Dr. Shek sometimes has privileges in the previous hospital she was affiliated with and would call Blake Medical Center to try to arrange my procedures to be done there and speak to Dr. Shek and get back to me. I called her because she never got back to me, she gave me the same information and said she will call the Blake Medical Center and speak to Dr. Shek (again) and get back to me. It is now the next week and I am still waiting for her call. I just got a bill in the mail for $416, which means my visit was probably not submitted properly to my insurance company! The Humana website is where I got my information to research Dr. Shek and part of my criteria was where she did procedures. Blake Medical Center was one of her affiliations. I would have to believe that 95% (or more) of patients calling to see a gastroenterologist more than likely are in need of a surgical procedure so I would think the girl setting up the initial appointment would have asked or have known what surgical centers Dr. Shek is associated with. I would have said thank you and made my second choice. I have spent the better part of three weeks frustrated and very angry about this staff. I am still in need of the initial procedures necessary.

May 18th, 2017