Dr. Rosario Bonafede MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Portland, OR

3.9

August 27th, 2015
Not a fan!
I would not recommend Dr. Bonnafede, he missed diagnosed carpal tunnel syndrome treated me like I was a whiner. I went to another Doctor and was diagnosed with severe carpel tunnel and nerve damage. Dr. Bonnafede diagnosed me with mild RA. My new doctor's tests showed that my RA was in the severe range which matched my symptoms. I had routine blood tests, how could have this been missed?

March 17th, 2015
I love my doctor! <3
Dr. Bonafede has been nothing short of an absolute pleasure to be seen by. He is the most kind and intelligent medical professional I've ever met, and I used to work at the hospital. He i very knowledgable, and does everything he can to try to help figure out what's going on, and then treat properly. Even if you try to resist his opinion on certain things, he will very politely explain why these things are necessary and how he can further help you. I really love Dr. Bonafede, he has an excellent demeanor, wears interesting pants, is soft spoken, extremely polite, and I smoke cigarettes, so I'm not real sure what the strange negative review was about with the crazy cat person. In conclusion, Dr. Bonafede is the man, and has a fantastic reputation in my book. I am a young person with psoriatic arthritis that has greatly affected my whole life. I have received no judgement on my age from Dr. Bonafede, unlike many other doctors I've seen. That is greatly appreciated, and he really is an exceptional human being. I'm very greatful for him. The appointments are only scheduled for 15 mins long, so that he can help more people in one day, so that is the only thing I would change is more time if I could have it. If you're looking for the right one to treat you, you've found him.

January 7th, 2015
I seen Dr.Bonifide for my psorotic arthiritis. I had never met him before. He was so niceto me ,very compassionate.He ordered 7 xrays which took about two weeks for me to get thje results. He is very thorough. like him allot

April 6th, 2012
Dr. Bonafede was very rude. He should not accept anyone that smokes as a patient.I honestly would not trust him with my cat.

July 6th, 2011
Dr. Bonafede has been my rheumatologist for 18 years
Dr. Bonafede has treated me for rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia for the last 18 years. I have many other health concerns as well, and have been on a list of medications that he has to carefully monitor as he treats the RA and Fibro. He is excellent at communicating with my various other physicians.He is a very caring, patient physician who always listens to my concerns, answers every question I ask, and explains in detail, and in terms I can understand his plans for treatment, and the use of, and side effects of the meds he prescribes.He is extremely thorough, and orders any medical treatment, x-rays, MRI's, etc he feels are necessary to successfully treat my medical issues. I have a standing order for regular lab work to monitor meds, and other health issues.His medical staff members I have dealt with over this period of years, are always knowledgeable, caring people who will go above and beyond what is required to help you in any way they can to meet your needs.It takes me almost 6 hours round trip to drive to my appts. with him and to the infusion appts. There are other physicians and infusion centers closer to my home, but I am not willing to give up the excellent care I continue to get from Dr. Bonafede himself, or his wonderful staff.Sometimes it is difficult for the appt. desk to fit me into his schedule right away, but they do their best to accomodate my needs. This is due to the increasing need for his expertise as a rheumatologist. I highly recommend Dr. Bonafede to anyone seeking help for their rheumatology needs.