Dr. Rosario Fernandez MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Clinton, MD

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Fernandez for the past 9 years. I am very pleased with her services and the service of her office staff. She has demonstrated that she is proactive when it comes to health care and will easily write a referral to send you to a specialist for further diagnosis if needed. I have referred 4 other people and they are also pleased. Dr. Fernandez was a Resident under my current OB/GYN and he is an excellent Dr and he tauhgt Dr. Fernandez well. Overall, she makes sure that her patients take care of themselves with her guidance and direction. I am really pleased that her office staff remembers me when I walk in or call.

July 30th, 2010
Turned Down
I called Dr. Fernandez office to ask for an appointment and the staff gave me a date which was a day after I called. I should have suspected that something is fishy since it was easy to get an appointment (fewer patients - something is wrong with doctor). Anyway, when I went to the office and filled out my information, the office staff asked me whether I called my Insurance and told them that I prefer Dr. Fernandez as my PCP. First of all I have not even seen her and have not evaluated whether I really want her to be my PCP. I told the office staff if the doctor see me first and then I will do the change of PCP later. She said "NO" since THEY WILL NOT BE PAID. They are more concern about the money than the patient. She was pushing me to call the insurance company (nice way to treat patients). Anyway, I told her that I have PPO insurance and according to what I know (I may be wrong), I do not need to have a PCP and I can go to any physician I like as long as he/she is in the network. The staff kept saying I do not have PPO but I have "Preferred Provider". I told her that's PPO. She told me to call my insurance and verify. I told her to cancel my appointment because it was a waste of my time. I called the office staff back when I left their office and asked her what does PPO stands for that she's looking for. She said it depends and just told me to call my insurance. This was the first time I was treated like this. Most of the staff personnel of different clinics I went to would call my insurance and verify it for me. This is the first time I was turned down by a doctor because their office is concerned of "NOT BEING PAID".

June 3rd, 2010
Very Good Doctor
She cares and shows it. Always returns calls, even late night. Very good doctor.

January 23rd, 2009
Treated me like I was disgusting to her
After sitting in her tiny uncomfortable waiting room for an half hour past my appointed time, she proceeded to tell me that I stunk of cigarette smoke. I have never smoked anything in my life and I had come directly from my home with freshly laundered clothing on. She wore a surgical mask through my entire examination and even talked to me through it as if I was filthy. I havent been so insulted in my life.

April 20th, 2015