Dr. Rosario Ferrer MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

October 28th, 2016
I am writing this review on Dr. Rosario Ferrer in Springfield, VA This is my first review ever and I am not happy to write a bad review about anyone, but I am compelled to do exactly that at this time. I do agree with many of the reviews that explained their experience with Dr. Ferrer's office. She would rather refer out instead of taking issues on and solving health issues of her patients. She lacks in her listening and communication skills. When we were discussing my health issues and I voiced my concern about what type of diagnostic tools will serve me better, (and rightly so) she interrupted to tell me that she does not want to see me anymore and I needed to get another primary care. I could not believe I was hearing her correctly. She ended up ordering some scans for me at that time and the results are reported to her since. They took seven (7) days before she got on the phone to tell me the result. I had called everyday for 5 days to get my result. Instead of treating me first and terminating me after, I am forced to find a new primary care to treat my condition. I find this very unethical for anyone. I have been in excruciating pain for the last 4 weeks and that was the reason for my visit with her. I am still in pain and with a diagnosis and searching for a new primary care to treat my condition. If this review can help even 1 person, then it has served its purpose.

May 7th, 2016
terrible beside manner, look elsewhere
I only had one appointment with Rosario Ferrer and I won't go back. When entering the exam room she didn't make eye contact or look at me before charging right into a ton of questions about the reason for my visit and health background, and barely gave me time to answer any of her questions before actually interrupting me numerous times. She does not have the personality to HELP people, no emotional intelligence, and no patience. I agree with previous posters negative responses, I would never recommend her to anyone and she shouldn't be in practice. I was actually shaking and sweating after meeting with her....just terrible.

January 18th, 2016
You won't find a better doctor than Dr. Ferrer. She's the most thorough, knowledgeable physician I've ever been to. She suspected I had a tumor even when the specialist was skeptical and insisted that I get further testing. She was right! And as a result of her diligence and instincts, it was found very early. Go to Dr. Ferrer and do what she tells you. It may save your bacon.

April 17th, 2015
Snippy Doctor
I rarely take time to write reviews but I feel compelled to express my disappointment during my doctor's visit for a physical. Starting off with the staff, they measured my height and weight. I find it unprofessional when this particular staff had to emphasize that I am below a certain height. For example, she said: "You weight 110 lbs and 48 inches, that's below 4 feet". To make matters worst, Dr. Ferrer was snippy when asked a question. I felt I was almost arguing the whole time just explaining scenarios of my condition. Truly shows the Doctor needs to learn and practice her listening skills. And Yes, referred me to another Doctor.

February 2nd, 2013
Wish I had known before
First of all, Dr. Rosario Ferrer in Springfield VA is a woman (not a male like this site states) and is probably in her sixties. The office is severly understaffed. There is one person working the desk and she never has a chance to answer the phone that constantly rings off the hook and therefore they never return phone calls. Second, Dr. Ferrer refers almost always patients out to other doctors. She is an internist so she can only provide physicals and write medicine prescriptions so every visit we've had with her we had to then go to another doctor to have the problem solved. I can understand some speciality situations, but EVERY time? The really bad thing about going to Dr. Ferrer is that they have severaly messed up our billing. It's been a year now and they still can't resolve our billing issues with their external billing dept.. Now we're told the collection agency will begin collecting! The doctor's office and their billing company each blame each other but nobody will step up and solve the problem, meanwhile my health insurance insists that I am not to pay because my services are absolutely covered (it was s standard physical for goodness sake). It's been a nightmare and anytime I call Dr. Ferrer's office about it, they put me on hold for about 15 min and then send me to an answering machine. I continue to call back, and sometimes leave messages, and I can never get through or a phone call back. I have to drive over on my lunch break and talk to them in person (and even then, nothing gets resolved). Trust me and go to another doctor. I feel really bad for the predominantly elderly patients they have who might be fooled into poor service and paying bills they shouldn't be. The woman at the front desk talks so very kindly that it's hard to write a bad review about them, but in the end, they are understaffed and not up with the times technologically to keep up with their demand and I wish I had known from a review before choosing Dr. Ferrer as my doctor.

May 4th, 2017