Internist

Snippy Doctor show details Snippy Doctor
Apr 17th, 2015

I rarely take time to write reviews but I feel compelled to express my disappointment during my doctor's visit for a physical. Starting off with the staff, they measured my height and weight. I find it unprofessional when this particular staff had to emphasize that I am below a certain height. For example, she said: "You weight 110 lbs and 48 inches, that's below 4 feet". To make matters worst, Dr. Ferrer was snippy when asked a question. I felt I was almost arguing the whole time just explaining scenarios of my condition. Truly shows the Doctor needs to learn and practice her listening skills. And Yes, referred me to another Doctor.

Wish I had known before show details Wish I had known before
Feb 2nd, 2013

First of all, Dr. Rosario Ferrer in Springfield VA is a woman (not a male like this site states) and is probably in her sixties. The office is severly understaffed. There is one person working the desk and she never has a chance to answer the phone that constantly rings off the hook and therefore they never return phone calls. Second, Dr. Ferrer refers almost always patients out to other doctors. She is an internist so she can only provide physicals and write medicine prescriptions so every visit we've had with her we had to then go to another doctor to have the problem solved. I can understand some speciality situations, but EVERY time? The really bad thing about going to Dr. Ferrer is that they have severaly messed up our billing. It's been a year now and they still can't resolve our billing issues with their external billing dept.. Now we're told the collection agency will begin collecting! The doctor's office and their billing company each blame each other but nobody will step up and solve the problem, meanwhile my health insurance insists that I am not to pay because my services are absolutely covered (it was s standard physical for goodness sake). It's been a nightmare and anytime I call Dr. Ferrer's office about it, they put me on hold for about 15 min and then send me to an answering machine. I continue to call back, and sometimes leave messages, and I can never get through or a phone call back. I have to drive over on my lunch break and talk to them in person (and even then, nothing gets resolved). Trust me and go to another doctor. I feel really bad for the predominantly elderly patients they have who might be fooled into poor service and paying bills they shouldn't be. The woman at the front desk talks so very kindly that it's hard to write a bad review about them, but in the end, they are understaffed and not up with the times technologically to keep up with their demand and I wish I had known from a review before choosing Dr. Ferrer as my doctor.