Dr. Rosario Gely MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 3rd, 2016
Very Disappointed
With as poorly articulated as her review may have been, Jessica Rodriguez is right about 1 thing: If your child is sick and you need to see Dr. Gely, take your child elsewhere. On 4, completely separate occasions, I have tried taking my son or daughter due to upper respiratory infections requiring attention and prescription medications, and I have had to resort to my local urgent care, because it is IMPOSSIBLE to go see Dr. Gely when necessary. I called this morning at about 9:30am to ask to bring in my daughter, who has a terrible, persistent cough that has not improved with previously prescribed Bromfed or OTC Mucinex, and I was asked "at what time can you be here?" To which I replied "12:00pm noon." The girl on the phone, which is less than kind, empathetic or helpful, replies in a very rude tone "well the doctor is only here until 12:00, so that doesn't work." I then said, "ok, then I can be there at 11:30am, but I risk not arriving on time, since I am at work until 11:00am today and I am about 30-45 minutes away in traffic." She goes on to tell me how the doctor already has 16 appointments for today and leaves at 12:00pm and that there's nothing she can do - that I would need to go right now. So I asked, "then why would you even ask me at what time I can be there? I really need your help and need to bring her in. Why can't I be there at 11:30 if the doctor leaves at noon?" She then says that I cannot wait from 11:30 - 12:00, because the doctor may never get to me. She's too busy. I let her know - without raising my voice or being rude - how gravely disappointed I was in her lack of empathy or assistance and that I would be looking for a new doctor for my children as a result. My point in all of this is the following: Dr. Gely is a wonderful human being and physician. Truly. I like her very much. She was recommended by our children's previous pediatrician, Dr. Nodar, who we absolutely adored, had cared for each of our babies since birth, and who has since retired. However, I lament to say that I have changed my children's pediatrician again, because Dr. Gely's office and practice is grossly mismanaged and misrepresented by the girls in the office. They are very informal, sassy, unprofessional women, who have no clue how to properly and professionally manage a hair salon, much less a doctor's office. I fully intend to let Dr. Gely know about the negative impact her staff has had on our family and potentially her future patients. It is truly disappointing to have to find a new physician, because the staff refuses to allow your sick child to see their doctor. It is run like nothing more than a money-hungry business, and NOTHING like a warm, loving, medical family who is genuinely concerned about the health and wellbeing of your child.

April 6th, 2016
SHE IS THE BEST DOCTOR IN MIAMI

November 10th, 2015
Amazing ladies. very helpful front desk.

October 12th, 2015
the best pediatric physician in miami

October 12th, 2015
doctor and nurse are excellent, staff not so good.

September 15th, 2015
Total Lack of Professionalism. The receptionist discriminated against my disabled child when she thought she had me on-hold. This is the LAST doctor I would see.

September 12th, 2012
Competent pediatrician
Caring pediatrician who takes time with patients. Careful with diagnosis and does not over medicate. Always enters the exam room with a smile. Takes time to answer questions and listen to concerns.

March 14th, 2012
silvia pastor
la mejor pediatra la mejor atencion .. le debo muchisimo a ella y a sandra su asistente fueron un apoyo inigualable en momentos muy complicados en la salud de mi hijo y en mi vida gracias dr gely gracias sandra

May 3rd, 2011
THE BEST OF THE BEST
I HAVE TO SAY I FEEL SECURE WITH THIS DOCTOR SHE UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING AND ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP AND LISTEN. STAFF ARE AMAZING.

June 27th, 2009
the best of the best
clearly the best children's doctor around. attentive not only to the child in need but to the parents concerns. has the patience of a saint.