Urologist, Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dissapointed show details Dissapointed
Apr 4th, 2016

Went to new office to provide a sample due to symptoms. Informed he no longer takes my insurance. Initially told I could still leave sample so i could be treated while i find a new urologist. Then I was told per Dr. Nelson and his financial specialist I would need to schedule F/U and pay $110 before I could even leave a sample. This coming from the same Dr who always told me if I questioned a UTI to come in and leave a sample. Now I need urgent care and a new Urologist. Feel dropped like old pair of socks cause I no longer have the right insurance.

Great doctor. show details Great doctor.
Nov 8th, 2015

First time and an emergency squeezed in appt, Our original Dr's Stern and Papoff would not see me unless I waited 2 weeks yet the hospital told me to do it with 48 hours. Thankfully Dr. Nelson staff let us come in and wait the next day,

Best urologist! show details Best urologist!
Oct 16th, 2015

Dr. Nelson is incredible, he is knowledgeable, kind,always willing to help!

Doctor Nelson MD, one of the best show details Doctor Nelson MD, one of the best
by John E on Aug 21st, 2015

If you are male suffering from ED and want to pursue penile injections I can't recommend Dr Nelson too much. All the way from bedside manners to an incredible knowledge of different strengths and mixture configurations. The initial thought is horrifying but please consider this if the blue pill is not working good enough.

May 14th, 2015

This was our 1st time here, and he did amazing with my very talkative 86yr old mother. He sat there and listened to all of her stories & laughed at all of her jokes. He is such a nice guy & I am happy to know my mother is in good care.

Apr 28th, 2015

This doctor is amazing. He has done wonders for me... I will never go to another doctor.

Very fortunate to have the very best show details Very fortunate to have the very best
by Jerry and Diane Hendler on Mar 15th, 2015

When you find the very best in their field, it's worth traveling 100 miles.

Feb 11th, 2015

Dr.Nelson and his PA are great. Super friendly & efficient staff.

Staff Sucks show details Staff Sucks
by Amber M on Mar 4th, 2014

My husband has been a patient of Dr. Nelson's for 3 years. We followed him over from his previous practice. And I must say don't hold your breath to get a call back from his staff or MA. We submitted all our updated pharmacy information and it took over a week to get our scrip. I called day in and day out to get a call back from someone, until my pharmacy finally received it. And for some reason their billing department is out of it too! They never even submitted a claim to our insurance before sending us the bill. He's a great Dr. but some of the staff is horrible!!

Excellent experience show details Excellent experience
by Allan N on Sep 13th, 2013

The entire staff was friendly and knowledgeable and made me feel at ease and like I was in good hands. Dr. Nelson did a great job and I am very satisfied with the entire experience.

My husbands vasectomy (A ) show details My husbands vasectomy (A )
Sep 3rd, 2013

I wanted to thank Dr.Nelson and his staff for making this experience a positive one. Dr.Nelson explained the vasectomy procedure in detail and made sure my husband and I had no questions or concerns prior to the procedure.During my husbands vasectomy he talked to us through the whole procedure and had a way of calming my husband when he was anxious, as no male is excited for this...He stressed to us how following the after care instructions was the key to my husbands fast recovery, so of course we followed these instructions and within 2 days my husband was feeling great.Very minimal pain afterwards and puncture wounds are not even visible. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr.Nelson to family and friends.

Patient show details Patient
by Calvert, Ramond on Aug 17th, 2013

I would highly recommend this doctor to any of my family and friends. Not only is Dr.Nelson and his staff very professional, he is also a very compassionate doctor and takes good care of his patients . Dr. Nelson didn't dismiss or minimize any of my concerns. He took the time to explain in great detail the answers to all my question, which were many because of the nature of the issues I'm facing. We as patients often take for granted good care because we feel that's what we're entitled to. When we do receive good care we need to let others know about it so they will be informed and make an intelligent decision when selecting a Doctor. Dr.Nelson is a great doctor and an awesome person too.

Great Dr.! show details Great Dr.!
Aug 1st, 2012

With multiple health needs I see a lot of doctors. Dr. Nelson is at the top of the list as far as care goes. His office staff is professional and friendly. Would recommend him to anyone needing a urologist.

Peedoc Rocks! show details Peedoc Rocks!
Apr 11th, 2012

All of my experiences with Dr. Nelson have been wonderful! I highly recommend him!

Very Helpful. Best Doctor I've Ever Had! show details Very Helpful. Best Doctor I've Ever Had!
Mar 27th, 2012

I have a condition that requires I see a Urologist on a regular bases. In the last 4 years I have seen 4 different doctors. A year ago I found Doctor Nelson. Now I'll never have to look for another Doctor again! Doctor Nelson is amazing. He has done more for me in the last year then any other doctor has in my entire life. I can't say enough about him. Go see him!

Jan 31st, 2012

I have had two kidney stones removed by two different doctors. Dr. Nelson was by far the best. I didn't have to wait long for a surgical procedure and after the surgery and stent removal I did not get an infection.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
Apr 7th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Nelson for several years and feel he is one of the best. Very caring. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Office is busy but they get back to me on my issues.

66 year old with BPH show details 66 year old with BPH
Mar 28th, 2011

Dr Nelson is a personable professional and a pleasure to have as my Doctor.

Excellent Health Care Provider show details Excellent Health Care Provider
by Dave A. Pape on Feb 9th, 2011

I have seen Dr. Nelson for several years about a prostate issue. Dr. Nelson did a prostate biopsy and I have been on medication he prescribed. I have been extremely pleased with the care I have gotten from Dr. Nelson. He is a true professional and a compassionate individual. I highly recommend him.

Thankful patient show details Thankful patient
by Curtis Cook on Dec 12th, 2009

Dr. Nelson has been fully competent and personally concerned for my condition from the very beginning. He took an exceptional amount of time to counsel me and my wife after my diagnosis with Prostate cancer. Dr. Nelson managed my care in a professional but compassionate manner, and I have had no hesitation in recommeding him to a friend with similar symptoms. I credit him with saving my life.

by Dave Duke on May 4th, 2009

Smart, honest, direct, and empathetic.

May 4th, 2009

Dr Nelson is a kind, caring and compassionate doctor.

May 3rd, 2009

The care given by Dr. Nelson is the best. We have had nothing but exceptional care and positive experiences under the care of Dr. Nelson. I recommended him to anyone in need of a urologist for accurate, compassionate and timely care.

"The Best" show details "The Best"
Apr 30th, 2009

Dr. Nelson is not only an excellent urologist, but a compassionate, kind, caring, and spiritual individual. He is a family man who carries his love of family into his love of practicing medicine and helping each and every patient with their needs. I have known him for over 10 years and highly recommend his services.

Fantastic experience show details Fantastic experience
by Ken Reinstein on Apr 30th, 2009

Dr. Roscoe Nelson is a fantastic Urologist and I would recommend him to anyone. I had recent procedure with Dr. Nelson, and he and his staff treated me professionally and courteously. I have been close friends with him for a long time, and I say that both in the interest of full disclosure as well as to indicate that it can be a risk having a close friend do a surgical procedure. I scheduled my appointment with Dr. Nelson, without hesitation, and I was very pleased with the results and the great care provided to me.

Apr 8th, 2009