Family Physicians

Rose E Paiva M D.6542 S Mccarran Blvd Bldg B
Reno, NV 89509
775-329-3484
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. CitySearch.
 |  Unacceptable  |  show details
by Mary Howe on May 13th, 2014

I have never encountered this level of unprofessionalism from a facility, physician, or staff. The filthy carpet in the examination rooms and frank refusal by the billing staff to communicate on a civil, responsible level were absolute deal breakers. Appalling experience.

|  time is not of the essence  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2014

the doctor does not make you feel as though she wants to spend any time listening to your concerns or answer any questions in detail. She does not convey a very positive attitude and almost makes you feel like you are wasting her time.

|  Only see her I HAVE TO.  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2013

Wouldn't go to Dr. Paiva unless I found another Dr. doing bio-identical hormones and accepted insurance. She is rude, uninterested, eager to dispense un-needed medication, finishes your sentences and accused me of smoking when I haven't had a cigarette in 30 years! Save yourself the trip. Find another Dr. who cares more about health than outer beauty. there are doctors out there who are there to treat patients, not just to get rich.

|  Never see the Dr.  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2013

I haven't seen Dr. Paiva in YEARS. I only get to see the nurse practitioner. The nurse practitioner is good but I don't feel like I have a Dr. Dr. Paiva seems more concerned with cosmetic stuff like wrinkles and eyelashes and more of her stuff on the walls is promoting those types of procedures and not to mention the super expensive vitamins and lotions for sale in the lobby. I am looking for a doctor who is still interested in medicine, not cosmetics.

|  Not bad but not great  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2013

I'm trying to get pregnant, I've seen dr. Paiva three times now and each time I have gone in she has asked me if I was sexually active, what birth control am I using and after saying none she always asks me if I'm trying to get pregnant. I want a dr. Who will remember me . She sent me to get labs done first time I saw her because I've had trouble getting pregnant I was a bit irritated when she said "you have low hormones, are you trying to get pregnant" in my head I was thinking uh......yes!!!!! Remember, I told you I have had difficulty getting pregnant so you sent me to get blood work. Then she suggested I go see an infertility specialist. I'm 21!!!!! I don't find the need for that, I want you to help me get pregnant not toss me to an infertility specialist because of low hormones. I like her I do but I just want to be remembered by my doctor. I would also like for my doctor to spend more time with me. Maybe you would remember me better. I went in for a woman wellness ck recently and was there a total of 20 minutes.

|  The Best  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

This was my first time going to Dr. Paiva. She was a great Doctor and the staff was very efficient. I could not review her any higher, or I would have.

|  Dr. Paiva is great  |  show details
May 18th, 2011

She has a wonderful beside manner. She is quick and efficient. She listens. I think she is great.

|  I highly recommend Dr. Paiva  |  show details
by Mary Lauzet on Feb 16th, 2011

Dr. Paiva is my professional family practitioner but I can approach her as a confidant, woman, and a friend. Her thouroghness saved my life as it was her office that diagnosed my cancer early enough to fight and win my battle. Every time I go in to see her, I come out knowing more than before. Her staff emulates the concern for each patient. I feel that they really do care.

|  Patient Care Lacking  |  show details
by George_B on Mar 29th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Rose does not take the time to talk to her patients, and her billing department really is the worse I have experienced in quite a long time. Impossible to get thru, even with an emergency ... I know, because I ended up going to an emergency room because the person answering the phone would not take 5 minutes to contact the Dr. lol Never know that a receptionist had so much medical knowledge that she could determine what was an emergency and what was not! I switched from her practice after only a few months, glad I did, I have now found a Dr that cares about her patients.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  show details
by sandra12345 on Oct 1st, 2007 on citysearch.com

I was seen at the Stead Blvd Clinic on a Tuesday after being diagnosed with a heart condition. I was told I would be called to get the referral to a cardiologist. I also had tests drawn and was told that I would receive a phone call the next day with the

Read Full Review at citysearch.com