Dr. Rose Sobel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 19th, 2016
Wonderful Doctor!
My experiences with Dr. Sobel have always been positive. When I had a negative PAP, she immediately called me and did a biopsy. I later went to the Outpatient to have surgery. Dr. Sobel removed all the polyps and I haven't had any problems since. I have even called her at the hospital when I had menopausal bleeding. She has always been there for me; and I would not even think of going anywhere else for my gynecology needs.

October 10th, 2014
Lazy
First of all if you have any complications or questions to where you need to be able to call your OB at anytime and ask... Well good luck on that one... She doesn't pay attention to anything you have to say or ask!! If you have complaints about something with your health or pregnancy she practically ignores you and shrugs it off like it's nothing!! I would not recommend her to anyone!!

August 7th, 2012
Dr? What Dr? Does Dr. Sobel really exist?
Over the years, I have been to Dr. Sobel's office as she was the only Tricare GYN listed in Citrus County. In all that time, I have never seen Dr. Sobel herself. I don't even know what she looks like. At times, I wonder if she really exists. It seems like the only person in the office is the Nurse Practitioner.The last visit, the NP spend enough time with me, but seemed aloof and not very caring or understanding. I had questions about peri-menopause & menopause and some issues I was having and her answers were curt and she acted like I was dumb for asking in the first place. I had a pap smear and she scheduled a mammogram. I did not hear back from the office for either result. I called and asked what the results were, as I hadn't received my usual postcard from them with the info. I was told they didn't do that anymore and if you didn't hear from them, then the results were normal. That's not good enough. Is it so hard to mail a postcard or pick up the phone for piece of mind? We pay enough for these tests and office visits, and the cost has to be minimal to do. I will never visit Dr. Sobel's office again. I felt like just a number, not a human being, and like no one could care less about my feelings or questions.

February 5th, 2012
INCOMPETENCE, AND UNPROFESSIONALISM SEEM TO BE PRACTICED HERE

December 1st, 2011
Waste of Time, Money, and Energy
I had just moved to the area when it was time for my yearly checkup. A quick Google search lead me to Dr. Sobel's office and I was excited when the appointment was made so easily and quickly, even though she only works a few days a week. Was in the exam room with a very friendly and competent nurse not long after signing in. Should have known things were too good to be true!! Considering that there was no one else in the waiting room when I walked in, there was a VERY long space of time where I waited after the nurse left. FINALLY, who I thought was the doctor, walked in the door and struck up a conversation. She was very nice, had a nice bedside manner, but only introduced herself by her first name. But she didn't seem very competent. I told myself that she had been to years of medical school and that her ditziness was personality, not intelligence. Towards the end of my exam, she saw/felt something she wondered aloud if "the doctor might want to see this". I then said that I was very confused, wasn't SHE the doctor? She calmly explained that no, she was only the doctor's nurse practitioner. At that point I felt that I had been maliciously duped while being smiled at the whole time, like the whole office was in on a conspiracy. I tried to shake that off and give the benefit of the doubt when the NP said she was going to go ask the doctor if she wanted to come take a look. I thought, "good, she's going to try to salvage the situation". Once again, I was so wrong. Before going to get the doctor, she told me her solution for the issue that she did not understand, hence going to ask if the doctor wanted to personally come and see me, her patient. A few minutes later the NP came back in the room saying that "Dr. Sobel is in the middle of reading a medical journal right now" and therefore could not take the time to come see me. But the doctor had sent along a prescription to fix my issue (remember, an issue she has not seen for herself). I pushed the issue, asking why the doctor, who I had scheduled an appointment with and was paying, wouldn't come see her patient?! The doctor finally came in reluctantly and basically told me that she had never seen my issue before. She then shrugged her shoulders, this whole time hardly looking me in the eye while standing on the other side of the room. She told me to pick up my prescription at the front and walked out the door. Just in case all of this is not clear, a doctor who I was paying and had scheduled an appointment with did not consider her patient more important than a journal she was reading in the middle of a work day. When I called her on it, she acted like I was interrupting HER. Will NEVER go back to Dr. Sobel. She does not deserve the title of "Doctor", and her NP is walking a fine line of mis-representing herself.

September 7th, 2011
Incompetence, and unprofessionalism seem to be practiced here
The doctor is nice and friendly, but my wife and I had a hard enough time trying to get meeting with the doctor when we thought we were having complications with our pregnancy. Needless to say it was dismissed every time and we eventually lost our baby girl. To add insult to injury we had to attend a 6 week postpartum visit and upon entering the exam room, Dr. Sobel herself asked, " No baby? Where's your baby today?" My wife reacted appropriately and started to cry while I got furious and the doctor offered her apologies and antidepressants.... Also the office staff is rude and uncaring.

July 6th, 2010
THE DOCTOR IS WONDERFUL AND VERY ACCURATE ON HER DIAGNOSIS. HER HUSBAND ON THE OTHER HAND IS UNPROFESSIONAL WHEN IN THE OFFICE AND IS A JERK.

April 16th, 2010
I choose her every time!
Dr. Sobel has cared for me through three pregnancies (2005 - 2010), and I could not be happier. She has always taken very good care of me and my babies. When I had questions or concerns they were always addressed in a professional way with optimum results. I appreciated that I saw her every visit and got at least one sonogram per month. Would definitely recommend.

March 24th, 2010
Absolutely phenomenal expertise and service
Dr. Sobel saw me promptly following my request for an urgent office visit. I was having significant pelvic pain. I was seen, testing ordered and within 24 hours Dr. Sobel performed necessary surgery. I had been suffering significant pain which had worsened the day I was evaluated to the point I could not work. I had mistakenly attributed this pain to a condition I had in the past. Words cannot express my relief and gratitude. Dr. Sobel was professional and caring in her treatment of me and I felt all along the way that she and her staff had my best interests in mind.

May 8th, 2009
Messed Up
After almost missing the birth of my grandson this doctor sent her home the next day. After several days my daughter was still passing large clots and in pain. This doctor told me this was "normal." I am a nurse, who works for several physicians, they all told me this was not normal. I had to get another doctor to see her and have him do the necessary surgery to remove the retained placenta and treat the infection that could have claimed my daughters life.

May 2nd, 2009
Disappointed
Unprofessional office staff. Uncaring. Will not go back.

March 30th, 2017