Family Physicians

3180 Willow Ln
Ste 200
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
805-497-3239
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Do Not Go to This Doctor...  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2012

In my 30 years in my professional field I have never experienced such shabby and uncaring treatment as from the offices of Rosemary Flores, MD, of the Conejo Medical Center. My wife had been on disability (after surgery and hospitalization) for almost 2 months and needed to get an extension of one week until further tests from a gastro intestinal specialist were complete. At our September 17th appointment, after Dr Flores requested that the specialist provide needed paperwork, I informed her that this doctor leaves that to her primary care specialist. She was a bit miffed at the specialist and informed us she will contact Dr Simoni. For the majority of doctors there would have been no problem in taking a few minutes to extend her State disability and provide the note to the employer. As my wifes prior notice expired one day prior to the appointment, there was some urgency in getting the new one to the employer. Further complicating the matter is that my wife works at Albertsons, who is in the process of closing multiple stores prior to years end. My wife informed her employer on September 17th that she will have a note from the Dr extending her leave. It took Dr Flores from Monday to Friday (the 21st) to have the note ready. Immediately after Dr Flores office provided the note, my wife gave it to her employer on Friday afternoon. However, she was told it was too late to schedule her for the following work week. I called my wifes Union and the rep explained that unless Dr Flores files papers to extend State disability one week, we will lose our medical insurance. In repeated calls to Dr Flores office stressing that my wifes disability needed to be extended to September 23rd with the State, I was finally told that the note was available and I could come by and pick it up. I showed up late afternoon on the 26th only to be handed a note that extends her leave with her employer to the beginning of October. I told the office person this is not what I wanted and requested the doctor call me to discuss. It made little sense that a note would be handed to me as the doctor files the extension directly to the State. Well the next day one of the front office personnel, Sandy, called and stated she would schedule an appointment with my wife and me. Made no sense to me why an appointment needed to be scheduled, other than for billing purposes, as numerous times I told the office personnel we just needed a one week extension on the disability filed with the State. Today, September 27th, I showed up for the appointment and was asked where my wife was. I told the office person she had to be home and there was no need for her to be there as I just needed the doctor to file the extension. Well another front office person stated that unless my wife signs a medical release the doctor could not discuss my wifes health history. That was the last straw.I told the individual Im not there to discuss her medical history, but for the umpteenth time needed to get a state extension for my wife of one week, as she would lose her medical coverage due to Dr Flores delay in producing the note to the employer. Dr Flores dropped the ball big-time! With a timely note, my wife would have been back to work, medical insurance intact and there would have be no need for the disability extension. A WARNING TO ALL! THIS DOCTOR AND HER OFFICE HELP ARE A DANGER TO YOUR HEALTH! PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE DO NOT GO TO SEE DR FLORES AT 3180 WILLOW LANE IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA.

|  Patient Beware!  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

|  show details
by julie falen on Jan 22nd, 2010

I'm crazy about Dr. Flores and her staff and her office in Westlake Village. Friendly, great responsiveness, they remember me from visit to cisit, and she has her own lab area, xray machine and tech and has a cardiologist come in weekly. One-Stop Shopping! no more going to a different lab, then to a facility for the mammogram, then back to Dr. office. i need to find a Doc closer to home - Dr. Flores is 30 miles away - but I'm so reluctant to giver her up, she's THAT good.