Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Good doctor, mediocre staff show details Good doctor, mediocre staff
by Branson on Apr 23rd, 2015

Importantly, Dr. Reyes is a fine person. He is an asset to the community. He is a competent clinician and understands how to treat people. Unfortunately he has not been able to consistently surround himself with others who are like he is. Some of the office staff are competent, some are not. And the turnover is too high. If he were able to stick entirely to medicine and let someone hire the staff and run the office, he would be much better served.

Apr 23rd, 2015

The staff are incompetent, inadequant, and rude.

great doctor show details great doctor
by Pamela Aldridge on Feb 5th, 2015

The best Doctor I have ever had. Great office staff

patient show details patient
by Rob Graham on Jan 10th, 2015

The guy saved my life. He is the only doctor that really cares more about his patients than money. Thanks Dr.Reyes.

by His patient on Oct 27th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Reyes for years. He is a very intelligent doctor. However, the wait is extremely long (5-6 hours). Aside from Melinda & April the staff is completely unprofessional. I could tell you everything about a few patients in one visit. Who they avoid answering ...just put him on hold, or she's fine she'll call back, tell him/ her I went to the bank. Right!! If you are a patient, you know it's true. Sadly his level of care has went down because if the unprofessional acts of most of the staff. You can't talk to him about any concerns, he's to busy. You can't talk to the office manager, she's part of the problem. Don't hold your breath waiting on a referral, you may die first. Sad to see such an amazing doctors office go downhill.

Wouldn't go anywhere else show details Wouldn't go anywhere else
by Debbie B on Apr 23rd, 2014

Dr. Reyes is without a doubt the best doctor that I've ever been to. The only bad thing is the wait, you could be there anywhere from 1-5 hours, however, this is because once you are with him, he gives you all the time you need, he listens, answers questions and explains everything until you "get it". I have literally had him in the room with me for an hour or more, you can't find a doctor like that anywhere. Some of the staff could use some training in professionalism, April is the glue that holds them together. I highly recommend him, like I said there isn't a better doctor in Louisville or anywhere. I drive an hour to see him, it's well worth it.

Here's the thing... show details Here's the thing...
Sep 18th, 2013

Dr. Reyes is a great Doctor, however, it takes forever to see him; on average 3 hours from the time you arrive. The problem is quad-fold: 1) He overbooks, 2) He spends a great deal of time with his patients. He honestly gives them his undivided attention, 3) Pharmaceutical reps love him because he prescribes, and 4) The office staff are a disaster. These are the things that manipuilate his time. The office staff, are kind people, but the turnover rate is obscene as this is a training office and they could screw anything up at any given time, seriously. It's like watching a bunch of monkeys trying to screw a football. The best part of this practice is Mirsada. She is the ace, second only to Dr. Reyes! The waiting room is deplorable, dirty, small, and the clientele can be less than desireable as the waiting room is usually full of the sickliest of people; coughing, hacking, weasing, all within a tight cluster. It's actually on the level of grotesque. Try calling in for an appointment. You press option 2 for appointments and the phone system tells you that it's an invalid option. Been this way for years. If your insurance forces you to deal with mail order prescriptions, you can kiss your sanity goodbye as Dr. Reyes WILL NOT refill prescriptions unless you come into the office. Other than that, he takes care of me, accurately diagnoses my issues, prescribes the medications that I need without a personal moral high-ground like some other Doctors. These are the reasons why I keep going to him. Let's face it; in Louisville, Internal Medicine is lackluster at best.

Oct 22nd, 2012

Dr. Reyes is the BEST dr. I have ever had. The staff could polish up the professionalism, but they are kind. There is a long wait, but he is worth it.

Disabled patient show details Disabled patient
Jul 5th, 2011

Outstanding Dr. i dont't know if it is me but I do believe he is about one of the best DR.s in this area as far as listening and careing for my needs as a patient. He is one of the few Dr.s that will actually listen to what I have to say and give me feedback as to how to better take care of myself.

Jan 26th, 2011

Heis a horrible doctor-he over charges -rushes thru appointments and the wait is long because he has to me appointments per hour-I will never return as a patient