Dermatologists

Westerville Dermatology
235 W Schrock Rd
Brooksedge Meadows, Westerville, OH 43081
614-895-1109
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

|  Awful staff  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

The staff, especially the PA she has, are totally useless and RUDE! They all clearly hate their jobs. They were so rude, I even asked what the issue was, and I apologetically asked "I seem to be troubling you, perhaps I should leave?", and the PA answered "Ok, bye!" and walked out. The entire office visit I was treated as an inconvenience. NEVER going back.

|  Dr. Lin is RUDE  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

I live an hour and 10 minutes from this doctor, so when I called, I asked that I have all my moles looked at, and then to set some time to remove any that looked weird, so I wouldn't have to come back. I was seen promptly, and had a very nice nurse. Then Dr. Lin came in. She said, she wasn't sure why I was there. I told her I had some moles I needed looked at, and began to show her some. I was not given a gown, so I was totally clothed and had to pull up my clothes and start pointing. She then told me, I would need to schedule an appointment for a full body check of moles in the future. She was curt, and seemed as if I was taking up too much of her time, although I had only been in with her for a few moments. I told her I had some itchy moles on my stomach. She looked very quickly and said they were fine. then she read me the riot act about wearing sunscreen every day. I confessed that I do not. I am 45, and do not tanning bed, and only see occasional sun in the summer time. I told her I grew up in the west, where no one wears sun screen and everyone I know tans on a regular basis. I said I was not going to ever be the kind of person who sits at the pool with the big hat and mu mu on with sunscreen across my nose. That Is why I wanted a skin exam....just to make sure everything looks ok. I don't abuse or worship the sun. I am not a fake baker. I just thought it was a good idea to get an occasional check of moles. She seemed angry, as if I was wasting her time. She handed me a pamplet about skin cancer, and left with only looking at 3 moles on my entire body, and I had to force her to look at those ones! I will be sending them a letter terminating my patient care there. I have been three times, once with my little girl who had a red spot on her cheek that was growing and never went away since she was a baby. Every time she seemed as if she was in a hurry, and dismissed me as quickly as possible. She never broke a smile, or had a kind moment toward my little girl. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, thinking the first few times she was having a bad day, but now I think she is RUDE and has terrible bedside manner. I will not be returning.

|  Basal Cell Surgery  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2011

Had a Basal Cell on my forehead removed and she did not get it all, missed it by 1cm. She cut it out over using a cauterization machine. You do not cut Basal Cells out you cauterize them out. They made a 4" T on my head about 30 stitches which is called a Flap closure. She only ass't during my surgery and was not even in the room during my Top sutures. They Dr. Assistant did a blotch job on suturing. Inner sutures exposed, N0 compression bandaging were done & no restriction where given. Wound care per their advice was horrible. I got a horrible Black eye. The office referred me out to have a Mohls surgery after the fact. This is what they should have had done initially. Very upset with the whole process. Had her Dr. Ass't doing the surgery and suturing & was not told this up front. Dr. Lin didn't even come in to tell me she didn't get it all she has the girl that puts you back into a room tell you. She didn't even come in on the final suture removal to see how I was doing not even a peek in the room to check up on you. She did not explain in detail anything and only said a Basal Cell is NO BIG DEAL, but it has to be removed. Dr. Lin didn't even tell me verbally what a Basal Cell is only gave me a pc. of literature and folded it in such a way that when she left the room you have to read it for yourself. Then she comes into the room and asks if you have any questions? I would not recommend her to anyone.

|  I thought I would see a doctor....  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2010

When I call to make a doctor's appointment, I assume that I will see a doctor. And, if not, I would assume that I would be asked if I am ok with seeing a Physician's Assistant instead; I wasn't. It wasn't until my third visit that I realized that I wasn't seeing a doctor. I thought that "Heidi" was very sweet and I assume capable and that the doctor was just being casual by using her first name, but when I am coming in for my initial appointment to have a total body scan, I would have chosen a doctor. I can see a P.A. at my G.P.'s office. And, I am very sure that I am paying for a "doctor"'s visit. I will look for a new physician for my next visit as I believe that with my fair skin I will be needing this monitored for the rest of my life. Very unprofessional!