Dr. Ross Moquin MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 13 reviews

January 6th, 2016
Don't waste your time
Never would I return to this Doctor , very rude and has no compassion what so ever !! He took this visit and turned it into a " bad Habit " session !! Wish I read these reviews before I went !!

August 17th, 2012
Spine patient
I had a car accident several years ago and I had been getting treating with pain injections and physical therapy. I felt pretty good for a while, but I finally reached a point where the pressure on my nerves on my herniated disc was too painful to tolerate and I was getting ear aches and headaches. I finally made the decision to have the disc surgery. Dr. Moquin and his staff were fantastic and my disc surgery was a success so far! thanks for making me comfortable.

August 15th, 2011
This doctor should not be practicing. He has ruined my father's life! My father walked into the hospital for surgery with a slight limp in his L leg and came out of surgery paralyzed for 3 months. My father cannot walk without a walker and he has had several second opinions and all of them have said that the WRONG surgery was done on the WRONG part of his spine. This doctor has aged my father 20 years. It has also devastated his family to see him this way. Do not let this doctor touch you!

May 3rd, 2011
does not follow through
I had a back fussion, 3 surgeries in 1 1/2 yrs. i have pain and the DR will not call back, the staff does not call for x-rays or other tests. the saff is snubish, the DR MOquin does not spend time explaining details.. his way or no way. His Assistance's make wrong decissions. my opinion... find a different surgeon.

April 22nd, 2011
Loved them all
Just wanted to say that Dr Moquin himself spent all the time I needed with him answering my questions as well as his staff!!! They will see you a million times if thats what you need!! They are very in depth in their communication of what exactly is going to happen during the whole surgical process!!! I LOVE EVERYONE AT THAT OFFICE!!!! Erin Peggy & Robin are the best!! & Totally recommend him for all Neuro Surgical issues!!! Oh & did I mention his expertese in MICRO Surgery!! Thats the best part minimal cutting & smaller hardware!!!

March 21st, 2011
Top notch he is a great surgeon and has great bedside manors. Would go back and send my family to him.

January 4th, 2011
No thank you
I had seen another neurosurgeon in Syracuse for surgery on my cervical spine. I wasn't getting any answers from that surgeon so I gave Dr. Moquin a shot. His administrative staff is slow and disorganized which was frustrating. Once I finally got in to see Moquin I was met with an "I'm very busy". He had no interest in seeing me. He seemed aloof and arrogant. He told me he'd schedule an MRI and another visit as soon as he could. A MONTH LATER I got the appointment. I even called and begged the admin staff to try to get me in sooner and they said they'd "put my file aside and try". I've been told by many doctors that the neurosurgeons in this area are arrogant jerks but we have to put up with it. No thank you. I'd rather travel somewhere else for proper care and respect.

December 1st, 2010
Please find another doctor
I am in severe pain, worse than before surgery. He refuses to see me for a follow up appointment.

May 18th, 2010
Excellent Doctor and Staff
Dr. Moquin and his staff were both professional and caring. I was refered to him for neck and arm pain which resulted in a cervical fusion 6 months post and no pain. I also had a disk herniation at L5-S1 three months after the fusion, my pain was severe and Dr. Moquin saw me within 24 hours, which resulted in a nerve root decompression, again the results were better than I expected. Dr. Moquin is very straight foreward and tell you your options...he will tell you if he thinks surgery will help with your pain, but also gives you the down side if any. I could not ask for any more from a surgeon than I got with Dr. Moquin.

April 21st, 2010
Surgery
I have been sent to this doctor 2 times sence 2006 the 1st time it was for carpral tunnal he said i didnt need surgery so i went back to my reg doctor and he sent me to a 2nd doctor which said i did need it and he did it. about 2 months after that surgery i found out that i have bad disc in my neck and the doctor that did my 1st surgery sent me back to moquin. one minute hes talkin about doing surgery and the next he says i dont. the pain and burning is getting worse and at times i cant even move. so what am i to do before something gets taken care of.

January 5th, 2010
LIFESAVER
I was experiencing severe neck and arm pain when I was referred to Dr. Moquin. He carefully reviewed my records which included many conservative forms of treatment such as physical therapy and the pain clinic.He then told me I could benefit from cervical spine surgery but he didn't promise me any miracles. I was informed of the risks and possible complications in a very professional manner.I'm pain free since my surgery(4/08) and I would highly recomend Dr. Moquin to anyone suffering from severe neck or back.If he feels you could be helped by surgery he will tell you so but if he thinks surgery isn't your best option he doesn't hesitate to tell you.I found him t be a very comforting presence immediately prior to surgery when I was most anxious.I saw him once during my 2 day hospital stay but I was seen several times by his residents who met my needs adequately.I had an issue with pain medication during my recovery at home but that was resolved quickly by his nurse practitioner and his office staff were kind and professional.

October 27th, 2009
Still waiting
Dr was suppose to have scheduled an MRI and another appointment and brought me to the scheduler. Its been three weeks and now they are being rude on the phone when I call to ask if there has been an appointment made yet? Apparently your pain is not their problem. DO NOT SEE THIS DR!