Dr. Ross Nathan MD Patient Reviews

March 9th, 2015
Great experience
In 2008 I suffered a major cut on my left wrist which severed all the vessels, tendons, and nerves on the inside of my wrist. After receiving emergency treatment, I was referred to Dr. Nathan. He was able to reconnect all the vessels, tendons, and nerves. I was able to regain the complete use of my hand and fingers. I am eternally grateful for his expertise and treatment. Additionally his staff is extremely friendly and interested in your welfare. His entire office has nothing but your best interests in mind.

September 14th, 2012
Dr Nathan: Thank you!!! Excellent job.
My little finger was down to the palm of my hand. After Dr Nathan performed this new Percutaneous Technique "Needle Release" My small finger is straight able to do almost everything a couple days later. I'll wait a bit before lifting weights for another week. I appreciated the friendly staff from the front desk to the rear office Nurses. They keep everything clean very organized and time friendly. Best Dr in all of LA and Orange County's. 5 Stars from me. Talk to Dr Nathan before you do anything regarding the invasive out patient treatment for Dupuytren Contracture. Thanks to all at the Hand and Wrist Center in Long Beach CA. Far less painful than the dentist. My other hand Small finger had a previous surgery from another Dr. several year ago for the same Dupuytren's Contracture. It took me well over a year to get to the same result levels Dr Nathan did for me in less than one week. He'll walk you through the whole process prior and during the Needle Release. He even spent additional time after the procedure telling me what and how long recovery will take. Travel if you have to see and become part of Dr Nathan's positive results. " I am now able to shake some ones hand again"

September 6th, 2012
Never again
I had emergency surgery on my wrist after braking it in several places. I saw him and was semi decent. The next day was surgery. My next visit he was very rude and did not believe I was in pain at all. He made rude comments and never let me speak. He wanted to send me back to work within a couple days of my surgery. He argued with me until I finally told him I was firing him. He said,"great, I am sure other doctors will do what I did not want to do for you". Horrible beside manner. And numerous people have had career ending problems with their hands after seeing this doctor. I will never go or recommend any else to go see him!

August 23rd, 2012
Horrible bedside manner
Treatment of elderly patient was horrific. His bedside manner worse than any physician I have ever seen and I have worked in the medical field for over 25 years- 15 with 12 with Orthopaedic Surgeons.

June 18th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
I have seen Dr. Nathan on several occasions she has been pleasant and professional with every interaction. What I liked is that he takes the time to explain what the condition is and the method in which he plans to treat it. He answers your questions in a manner that you can understand and follows up with information you may want to know but did think of. I would highly recommend Dr. Nathan to all of my family members, friend and co-workers. The office staff is also pleasant and professional, my last visit was a few days ago and I really appreciated the service provide by Dr. Nathan and one of his assistants Yvette, thank you both good looking out.

November 18th, 2010
Ex-Patient with extreme hand injury
Six years ago, I suffered a gunshot injury that essentially shredded by left index finger. It was almost fully detached, and the ligaments and bones we literally blown off. Dr. Nathan came to my aid as the on-call medic for Long Beach Memorial at midnight on a Sunday. He was able to rebuild the entire finger. I lost my middle joint, so it does not bend other doctors would have taken the easy way out and simply amputated what was left but he saved the digit, and it was not an easy task. After the operation, he had me in intense wound therapy. I came almost every day, he really managed it as a result, I had a smooth healing process, no infection. I have had several operations for other issues, and those orthopedists pretty much send you home and you are on your own (in one case I developed an infection and healing was tough). This is a capable physician. My regular internist said he is one of the best micro-surgeons in the business. Highly recommended.

September 22nd, 2009
Appears to know his stuff but also had the feeling that he was talking "at" me instead of talking "to" me. Still kept a smile on his face though!

June 28th, 2009
Would NEVER recommend
Absolutely HORRIBLE bedside manner. Acts as though you are a bother. Does not allow you to speak with him interrupting and talking into his voice activation software. Misdiagnosed me and as a result, have incurred possible lifetime problems.

October 14th, 2008
Tom Borcich
Dr. Nathan is the best doctor I've ever been to and I've been to the best ortho's around...he's second to none. My son has been treated for a broker thumb and a broker wrist. I was treated for a tendon issue. You will not find a better physician. He knows his business.