Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor, Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Dec 19th, 2013

What I remember most is feeling that no one in the office really cares. Actions speak louder than words and when you are kept waiting in agony, when no one returns your call, the message is clear.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Steve Kimbrough on Nov 16th, 2013

Dr. Tye is excellent. Over the past 20 years he has worked to protect me from heart disease & high blood pressure which run in my family. I am 68 and in very good health with no blood pressure problems and very low cholesterol thanks to him. His staff are always courteous and helpful.

Sep 4th, 2012

Dr. Tye is am excellent doctor. He is funny and caring and makes every visit a pleasant and painless experience. HE is a bit pill happy, but that doesn't so much matter, because if you do not wish to take pills he will work his best to find alternate solutions for you. He is quick and effecient, kind and gentle. His office staff is knowledgeable and they work their hardest to best serve you. Dr. Tye is a great doctor and a great guy. I deffinitely reccomend him as the doctor to see!

May 25th, 2012

Dr. Tye was very impersonal and showed absolutely no compassion when I went in for an emergency visit due to severe pain. Prior to this, he referred me to a surgeon when I did not need one; the surgeon suggested what I needed, so I got with his office on it. They said they just needed him to give the referral, so the ball was in his court, but he faulted me for not having a plan of action in place. He should have given me the referral several days before, but seemed to know nothing about it. I told him what had happened, and he basically called me a liar, saying it was not in the notes. When the receptionist looked, lo and behold, there it was, in the notes. Apparently he and his staff do not communicate well, and the patients suffer for it. I was sobbing in his office and he remained stonefaced, barely said a word, then finally hesitantly wrote a prescription for pain meds. I have late stage lyme disease and it is hellish. Turns out the insurance doesn't cover the pain meds, and he needed to authorize them to the insurance co., but this hadn't been done yet the next day, when I expected my meds to be ready. I also found that he'd neglected to refill an anxiety prescription he'd been giving me..it was due, but he hadn't bothered, so now I have to get through a pain and anxiety filled weekend before there's any hope of getting anything filled, and it happens to be a long weekend :( I am at my wit's end. I think he should retire..he's obviously sick of treating patients as he does not seem to care about them as people, not a bit. I have to begin searching for a new doctor.

May 16th, 2012

I always have great office visits that are on time!!! The girls up front are great and his nurses first rate. Dr Tye always listens to me, talks directly to me, and treats me as a valued person. He has always diagnosed my medical problems accurately and quickly. He treats me like a friend with a problem. Great change from other doctors I've seen.

May 19th, 2010

Dr Tye has been my physician of choice for about 10 years. Not informed on his surgical skills etc. However, in pharmacy medications he is extremely good. He is usually cheerful and good natured; not difficult to talk with or ask questions about problems.