Dr. Rovena Reagan MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology San Diego, CA

3.8

April 7th, 2015
First time I've had to administer my own healthcare
My experience with Sharp in the past has always been an excellent one. So it was surprising to have such a disappointing experience. I went into discuss options for fibroid tumors that I had a long history of. I was assigned to Dr. Reagan because Dr. McNally (who i was referred to) was not accepting new patients. Dr. Reagan first and foremost has just very poor bedside manner in general. Very short and curt. I also apparently had to do my own research and make a list of questions to get any information. Our visits consisted of few words unless I asked a question. No offering or advice of information whatsoever. I had to ask about and for anything. I ended up deciding on an hysterectomy. After my surgery, I had to ask multiple times for a stronger pain medication because what she had ordered wasn't working. I sat in pain at a 10 for over an hour because the nurses had nothing ordered from her. She came in the following day for 2 mins and said hardly anything. I received more advice from the nurses than anyone thankfully, though they were at the will of Dr. Reagan. I just had my first post-op appt. to where the only thing she said was "looks good" - again, no advice on what to do and not to do, no helpful information on what's normal etc. I've never been in a position where I had to inform myself of what care I should receive and actually have to relay it to the dr. or there would be no information or advice given whatsoever.

July 27th, 2011
Dr. Reagan is the best!
I was extremely nervous when I first thought of finding an OB for my pregnancy. The thought of trying to find a good doctor and hospital was scary to me. I choose Dr. Reagan because she worked out of Mary Birch. I knew little about her at the time, but now I know I couldn't have made a better choice. My pregnancy was pretty normal the whole way through, at all my visits she listened and answered my questions ( I would ask a lot) and was thorough with my check ups. When it came to my delivery, just last month, I ended up needing an emergency c- section because my son was in distress (very high heart rate) and not progressing after and intense 15 hours labor. Dr. Reagan was so on top of the whole situation, She and the nurses tried their hardest to avoid c-section but when the time came to make the decision she did what was right for me and my son. I felt safe and comfortable under her care. I also ended up being re-hospitalized with a uterus infection a week after my delivery and though Dr. Reagan wasn't on call when I was admitted the other doctors in her office took such great care of me. Also this is a vain side note, but my c-section incision turned out so good you can hardly see it and it has only been a month! All the nurses were impressed how good it looked! I have had a lot of bad experiences with doctors, this was not one of them. I had an unfortunate delivery but that had nothing to do with Reagan or the staff at Mary Birch, they did what they could with what was dealt to them. And at the end of the day my son and I are healthy. Dr. Reagan is not only extremely good at what she does but is caring to her patients. My husband and I were so impressed with her we will no doubt use her for all our pregnancies and my female needs. I would recommend anyone to use her as their OBGYN. Thanks Dr. Reagan for everything!!

March 1st, 2011
EXCELLENT DOCTOR
Dr. Reagan has been my doctor for many years and has cared for me through routine and special procedures including uterine cancer and a fallen bladder. She is caring and knowledgeable - as well as a skilled surgeon. I highly recommend Dr Reagan for her excellent skills, down to earth demeanor and caring bedside manner.

May 3rd, 2010
Dr Reagan is a GREAT doctor!
My first pregnancy came as quite a surprise, and then resulted in an emergency c-section at 24 weeks (my little miracle is 5 years old now.) Dr. Reagan and her staff were amazing helping me deal with all of the feelings I was having after my emergency delivery. When hubby and I decided to try again, Dr Reagan was with me every step of the way. She saw me every two weeks to ensure things were going smoothly, and to hopefully avoid another premature birth. She spent as much time with me as I needed, and even squeezed me in a few times when I was having concerns about my pregnancy- even if my appointment was just a couple of days away. Because of my emergency c-section, I had to deliver again by c-section, sometime between 36-38 weeks, based on amniocentesis results. Dr Reagan cut her vacation short to be there to deliver my baby herself, rather than just have one of the other doctors in her practice do it.I would recommend her to anyone looking for an OBGYN.

April 10th, 2009
Extremely Rude - Very Judgemental
Dr. Reagan makes judgements about you before she even comes in the room, she demands your medical records before she'll even schedule an appt, then if she doesn't like what ?'s you ask, she'll tell you their practice is not the right place for you -- makes you wonder if she practices medicine for money or patient care? One of the WORST gynecologists I've ever been to! Had to wait 1 month for appt, 1 hour to see her, she spent 3 minutes with me - not even worth it!