Dr. Roxanne Fiscella Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Roxanne Fiscella?

March 26th, 2014

Excellent Medical Practice

I have been a patient at Dr. Fiscella's office for the past two years. I have had excellent care and service each time I have visited the office. Sheila Durlester is my Nurse Practitioner and the only professional I have needed to see. Sheila is the BEST! She's experienced, compassionate, practical, caring, intelligent, has great common sense, and is very easy to talk with. She has provided excellent care, and I recommend her very highly. I have also had excellent care from the nurses, and the office staff is very nice and competent. Thanks to all of you at Dr. Fiscella's office!

December 10th, 2010

I keep going for the doctor but NOT the staff

I have been a patient of Dr. Fiscella since the mid-1980s. She is a no-nonsense, practical doctor who has sent me to good specialists when necessary. At the same time, she does understand how HMOs work and, as a result, is sometimes hesitant to prescribe tests (e.g., I am 56 and have never had any sort of extensive stress test for my heart...when I ask the doctor about this, she says that my medical history doesn't justify such a test).I have also had very good luck with her Nurse Practitioners. Sheila is just great.The office staff, on the other hand, has been either horrible, incompetent, or dismissive. I have called for test results, only to get shunted into the voicemail system and, ultimately, to never get a call back (then NEVER call with results unless prompted). I have called to get copies of medical records and have either been ignored or had my request forgotten. The office staff can be friendly if you get them on a good day. On a bad day, they act like they are doing you a favor by even acknowledging your existence in the waiting room. The wait times to even get out of the waiting room and into an exam room can, at times, be unbelievable (e.g., the last time I was there, having made an appointment the prior day, I arrived 5 minutes early and had to wait 35 minutes to even get into the exam room, after which I had to wait another 10 minutes to see the doctor).There has been some turnover in the office staff. I only hope that the new folks weren't trained by the people that were leaving.

October 2nd, 2010

Long Time Patient

I have been going to Dr Fiscella for almost 30 years. I have never had a bad or even questionable experience with her or with her office staff. The doctor always follows all my issues and lab results and I have never felt rushed. I have recommended two friends and both of them are now long-term patients. The Dr is great on referrals and insisting that her patients get appropriate treatment by specialsts. Absolutely the best.

August 22nd, 2009

Patient, 20+ years

Dr Fiscella is an excellent physician with an excellent staff. She is thoughtful and takes the time to talk with patients. The wait time is sometimes long because she will not rush and make snap judgements. She has always been here for me and I deeply appreciate her.

September 21st, 2017