Dr. Roy Ashford MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

July 25th, 2016
If I could give 6 stars, I would. Dr. Ashford and his staff are wonderful!

April 17th, 2016
Back Surgeon Excellence
It is no wonder he is one of the best orthopedic surgeons West of the Rockies. I had an unusual athletic back injury, and through his skill, knowledge, and our persistence, I am 100% healed. In the process, we discovered some latent neck problems which he is taking care BEFORE they become a problem. Simply the best!

April 9th, 2016
dr. Ashford save my life years ago. I had sustained a calf muscle rupture and he was the surgeon who repaired it and got me back on my feet.

January 10th, 2015
Great doctor
After having had a bad experience with another spinal surgeon I was a little scared to see dr Ashford for him to tell me he couldn't do anything to reduce the constant pain that had me crying every day but I was wrong. He really helped me understand what was wrong and scheduled me for major surgery and helped me get better. The office can be very busy but he's worth going to for help especially if you have a difficult problem he may be the only one in the area that can help.

May 16th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
I have advanced degenerative disk disease. Dr. Ashford was the 4th doctor I met with and found him to be caring and understanding. We tried all available options before scheduling surgery including pain management, physical therapy, injections and even acupuncture. I trust him.

June 29th, 2011
No attention to details
Nice and understanding and rushed. Frequently forgets important details like treatments tried/not tried, prescriptions given and other important facts just to name a few issues.

November 12th, 2010
EXCELLENT DOCTOR BEST EVER

November 1st, 2010
Great Surgeon
I saw Dr. Ashford over a period of 6 years related to a several issues, but primarily for a back injury from an auto accident in the early 1980s, culminating in L4/L5 "clean-up" surgery in 2008 -- I wanted to wait as long as possible. Not only was Dr. Ashford always strong in his explanations and bedside manor, but he is a great surgeon, respected by all my other doctors, and he did great work on me and guided a speedy recovery.

June 27th, 2010
Does Not Care
Simply put, Dr Ashford did not care that I was constantly in severe pain. He just did not care. He advised me to perform physical therapy. Physical therapy was the absolute worst thing I could do as it made my condition considerably worse. Then, Dr Ashford did not care.

December 3rd, 2009
AVOID at all costs
Dr. Ashford did diagnose my back problem, however it was VERY obvious and I went in to see him with an MRI already done. He wanted to schedule surgery ASAP and didn't listen to me nor take the time to accurately address other health conditions which put me in serious jeopardy during the surgery. The outcome was good and my back is good, but the surgery experience was the worst one I have ever had in my life - If you want a doctor who literally can't remember your name or who only sees you as a file number, then this is your place.He is extremely cocky, as are all doctors, but if you want a doctor who takes his time and listens and actually CARES, this is not your man.

March 24th, 2009