Dr. Roy Avalos MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 20th, 2016
Best of the best
Dr Avalos is not only an expert in his field but his bedside manner and true care for his patients is beyond measure! I especially love that he is progressive in his thinking and education about the newest research h and treatments !! I am lucky to have him on my side

June 3rd, 2016
My June 3rd visit
I was slightly nervous about some heart palpitations that I was experiencing when I went to see Dr. Avalos. He came highly recommended to me. His confidence and comforting demeanor put me immediately at ease. He suggested tests for me and was present during them. Again putting me at ease. He is intelligent and focused. I highly recommend him for your cardiac care.

September 9th, 2015
Would never consider another Cardiologist. He save my friend's Mother's life quickly recognizing Takotsubo cardiomyopathy - which most would not. He is also not one to just throw medications at you. He listens and will get to aha, if any, problems you might have.

February 1st, 2014
Mrs
Recommend Doctor Avalos to anyone who wants to follow his advice & care. Great doctor & friend. Always answers any questions asked by my family & me. Wonderful, caring person.

May 30th, 2013
cardiology
One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor. I was in the ICU a month after having a heart attack with 4 stents. I continued to have chest pain. He came into the room and was very rude to the nurses, my husband, and I that we asked the hospital to never let him treat me again. I'm very surprised to see the positive review after our experience. He let us know that we were wasting his time:(

November 7th, 2012
Carolyn, Encinitas
Dr. Avalos saved my life five years ago and continues to care for me and about me to this day. He is a wonderful physician and man.

May 26th, 2011
Best Heart Physician
He saved my husband's life.He also continues to care for him with love and thoughtfullness.There is no finer physician in the land.

June 12th, 2010
New Favorite Doc!
I was recently admited to the Emergency Dept at Scripps La Jolla with what I thought was something in my stomache. I had numerous tests run and was being treated. Dr. Avalos was sent in to see me a few days later and he asked me numerous questions with my details and he was the one who gave me my 'new' diagnosis with my heart! He changed all my medicine, saw my heart and I followed him later to see him in his office. I can NOT tell you how I am no longer in pain, I can walk again and no longer have to avoid dinners and stairs. I stopped seeing my other long time doctors and I will forever to follow Dr. Avalos. Very calming, patient and is so very well informed with practicing medicine. Thank you Dr. R Avalos.

March 18th, 2009
My favorite physician
Dr. Avalos has been refered to me by many of my family members. He has been exceptional and very loyal to all of us. He has helped my father diagnose my dying mother when all her physicians gave us the run-around. He has extensive medical training from UCLA, I believe he is also a scientist? I will continue to stay with this man, who is very caring, patient, and so "in-tune" with all of us.

February 27th, 2009
Maybe things got better in the last three years.

May 26th, 2008
Phenonenal physician!
Being a physician and being from out of town, I feel fortunate to have been assigned to Dr. Avalos as a patient. Having some medical knowledge and not knowing anyone in cardiology out here, I was a little apprehensive at first. He made me feel very comfortable with his treatment and his "bedside manner." Thank you for everything!

April 3rd, 2008
An awe-inspiring physician!
I have been fortunate enough to have met, been properly diagnosed, and treated by Dr. Avalos. I was taken to Scripps emergency after I had collapsed from weeks of intense stomach pains. The doctors had a lot of tests and blood drawn from me. I had many different diagnoses from my gall bladder, spleen, and heart. Dr. Avalos came in and really sat with me for a long time asking me questions regarding my weeks of symptoms. He seemed truely concerned. It turns out that only Dr. Avalos gave me and my husband my correct diagnoses of cancer! This is why I am still alive today! Because of my early diagnoses, I was able to have the proper treatment (radiation and chemotherapy) and feel very healthy today. Thank you Dr. Avalos, my favorite Cardiologist, for saving my life!