Roy M Blackburn MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 25th, 2016
Best Doctor for Patient Care EVER!!
he's been the best pain management doctor i've seen in the 16 years i've been in PAIN. unfortunately he didn't accept my insurance (most GOOD doctors don't seem to accept MEDICARE as an insurance, considering that ALL disabled ppl that cannot work are REQUIRED to pay a FORTUNE for it!! :( :( :(. I ONLY wish he was still working so i could see him AGAIN. the last 3 years w/out him as my doctor have been the hardest & most painful years of my entire life.

October 27th, 2015
The best doctor I have ever had...

January 25th, 2014
best dr ive ever seen HANDS DOWN!!
Dr B has treated me like more of a human being in need of GOOD, PROPER, PAIN MGMT FOR OVER FIVE YEARS. I AM only sorry for all the bull he has had to pUT UP WITH IN RECENT YEARS BY THE EXTREMELY EVIL OREGON MEDICAL BOARD!!! What this means for us patients that would do almost ANYTHING to contine to see him is that we now are being treated like PARIAHS BY other drs in same industry. Honestly i can be QUITE SURE that it is NOT BCA OF PATIENT COMPLAINTS that hes being investigated but oTHRR DRS AND PHARMACISIS THAT CHOSE TO DESTROY HIS CAREER HERE IN OREGON. I can guarantee that there was not a single patient of his, or partner of hi patientsthat would have done this to him...since his leaving i have been called a junkie by at least 3 drs and between 6 drs total i STILL CANNT GET AN APPT TO GET HELP OF any kind.. so i have ABSOLUTE FUNCTIONAL DECLINE AND WILL HAVE TO BE IN A WHEELCHAIR OR COMPLETELY BEDRIDDEN BEFORE MID FEB...

July 23rd, 2013
Find a different doctor!
This man has mental health issues! I've been seeing him for years and have put up with his strange requests from asking patients to spy on pharmacists and report any "hidden agents" to signing affidavits that I've never been convicted of purgery. I have my pills counted by pharmacy each month, taken blood AND urine tests which cost me $250. It is IMPOSSIBLE to speak him between appointments - he doesn't return calls, his staff doesn't return calls & no way to email him. I've called for a refill of my migraine meds (non-narc) with no reply, ended up in ER. I've suffered because of him. He made a mistake on 2 scripts & charged me $15 to mail it. When I recvd it in the mail there was only 1 rx when I called his office they charged me another $15 - both were HIS error yet I ended up paying for it 2x. I agree with prev posts that he NEVER looks up from pc. He charges by the minute yet can spend a good part of it talking about his family. He is VERY WEIRD & paranoid! Find another doctor!

June 5th, 2009
GREAT DR
THE BEST DR IN TWENTY FIVE YEARS.

March 15th, 2009
Very Professional
Well There are a lot of places we can begin but the main thing is he is a very smart man. Treats you like you should be treated when you go to the Doctor for pain. He does not treat you like you are just another junking out to get pain pills like I had 3 others treat me before I found Dr. Blackburn. But don't get me wrong if you go to him and you are lieing about you pain just to get meds he will know. Remember he is a SMART Man. He found things wrong with me that 3 other Doctors could of found just as well if they cared to do there job and not look at me like I was just tring to get pills. The best care is at Oregon TLC

April 22nd, 2008
A wonderful doctor
I've been seeing Dr. Blackburn for a couple years now. He's never been anything but kind and helpful to me. He is not a doctor who is coddling and fuzzy if that is what you're looking for. He does the best he can with my situation and has kept me pain-free ever since I started seeing him. I'd highly recommend him for a pain-management physician.