Dr. Roy Brooks MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

June 23rd, 2015
I was one of Dr Brooks first patient when he joined contemporary least I think it was contemporary it was 25 years agocare was young but a greatdoctor and a solid surgeonI will forever be thankful to him in doing a scar revision now there is no scarso thank you DrBrooks

May 21st, 2012
Love the doctor..BUT!!!!
love dr. brooks, he has a great personality and has watched over me in 5 pregnancies. He has a great since of humor and loves to make lots of jokes. the office is does not run well. the nurses and front desk are very rude.so rude i refused to come back to the office until the staff changed. the wait time is horrible at least 40 mins or more to see him. So we decided even though he is a wonderful doctor, the office wait is not worth it.On top of it the office that was open in riverdale is closing, so not worth the drive to the next office in laurel to wait a hour.

November 10th, 2011
Long Time Patient
Dr. Brooks has a wonderful bedside manner in addition to being very thorough in his diagnosis and treatment. I would recommend Dr. Brooks very highly!

September 18th, 2011
Unbelievable
NEVER AGAIN !! I wish my encounter with Dr. Roy Brooks was as plesant as those who posted before me. However mine was not. My encounter with Dr. Brooks was based on an emergency on-call situatuion where I expressed the pain I was having and the concern of the circumstance because of me being a high risk pregnancy. I found myself explaining why I was high risk, then going on to ask him for help since he was "on-call". To make a long story short, he told me that "he didnt know what to tell me and the best advice he could give was to find another doctor". I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EARS! Maybe his one-on-one, face-2-face experience is better than his on-call, emergency telephone assistance. Overall, UNACCEPTABLE

March 9th, 2011
Excellent
He is the best OBGY ever. he delivered my 2 year old son

July 1st, 2010
Dr. Brooks is great
Dr. Brooks delivered my baby 19 yrs ago... and i still see him from time to time... he has wonderful bedside maners.. my granddaughter was born 10 yrs ago and guess who was on call!!!Good Dr. Brooks... my grandson was born 2 yrs ago and guess who was on call at laurel hospital???? The one Dr that i never expected to see walks in the room cause my daughters Dr wasnt there yet... My daughter was very shocked to see him aswell and says" well we are in good hands now mom"

March 9th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Brooks is the best. A kind, compassionate and caring person.

November 9th, 2009
he is the best dr ever
i really wana have all my kids deliver with him he is the best he listen very well he care too much even more then me,i love him.sweet doctor

July 17th, 2008
Good caring doctor
I had a great experience with this doctor. I found that he listens to me very well, gives me appropriate options and lets ME decide who to proceed based on the information he provided. For example, after 2 misscarriages I had a strong instinct something serious was wrong with me. He listened to my concerns and did a long list of blood work on me. These tests did in fact reveal a bleeding disorder that was terminating my pregnancies. He then encouraged me to try again but with a blood thinner therapy. We now have 2 beautiful baby girls. Most other doctors and the insurance industry make women suffer through several miscarriages before tests are done. Dr. Brooks listens to his patients. He was also very caring and sympathetic during the losses and encouraging at the same time. I find him to be a great doctor and have recommended him to all my friends.