A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Roy Carls:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Roy Carls, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Family Practitioner, Cardiologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carls
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carls Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Roy Carls, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
Education & Awards
Dr. Carls graduated from Uniformed Services University, Bethesda. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Carls has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Western Maryland Regional Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Roy Jeffrey Carls MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Roy J. Carls practice?
- Dr. Roy Carls has 2 office locations.
Dr. Roy Carls practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Cumberland, MD.
See Cumberland Surgeons.