Dr. Roy Cobean Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Roy Cobean?

February 17th, 2016

I happened to have major surgery with this office and I couldn't be more satisfied. Great communication, follow up, and genuine interest in the overall experience . So glad I went there

October 13th, 2015

My husband required surgery and was referred to Dr. Cobean for the procedure. Our initial appointment went very smoothly. He explained the process to us and answered all of our questions. Leah, part of his office staff, was very helpful and pleasant. Following the surgery, there were unforeseen complications that Dr. Cobean responded to promptly. To date, we are very satisfied with the care we are receiving.

December 28th, 2014

No bedside manner at all. Did not even come up to see me after surgery.

April 17th, 2012

You are not going to get words of comfort thrown your way with this one... But what you will get is a surgeon that knows what he is doing, is confident about what he is doing and will thoroughly explain the procedure without hiding the risks behind big medical terminology. He doesn't make you feel like an idiot... But lets face it, sometimes it's better to hear the "dumbed down" version of a procedure rather than ones filled with words you have to rush home and google. He also has an infectious sense of humor. I would highly recommend him.

February 9th, 2012

I usually dont write reviews but....

After reading some of the negative remarks about Dr.Cobean, I would like to leave some POSITIVE feedback about this wonderful doctor. I am only 29 years old and I have been seeing Dr. Cobean for the last 5 years due to a stomach condition I suffer from. He has always had a cheerful disposition with me, a light-hearted, comical side to try and lift my spirits when things, medically, were very rocky for me, and has always been very accurate and precise in good judgement with how to perform surgical procedures on me, and WELL, without complications, EVER..... Several months ago, I was admitted into the hospital for my stomach condition and he came into the room, padded me on my lower leg, and said "hang in there", knowing that he would be placing a feed tube in me, and wanting to show empathy toward my pain and upset. Dr.Cobean is a wonderful surgeon and a caring man. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a high standard of quality care. The only complaint I have is not about Dr.Cobean, but some of his office staff.... One of them in particular can be abrupt and come across as disinterested or uncaring in regard to the needs of patients and with patient care in general.

January 31st, 2012

Dr. Cobean and staff were very informative and kind!

May 31st, 2011

Entered the office with my support person who had previously had a lap band and whom he was at a loss to identify, mostly because his practice is set up to cut. He fails to display caring or appreciation for the work it takes to even get the appointment with him. He stated during the appointment that he has no idea what happens at what is for all intents his sister practice where ALL the work is done. He had little to no patience and is not open for discussion. When I commented that the cpap would be the first to go after surgery his comment was "well you get your lungs ready for surgery yourself" then. I believe the previous comment fully...he is interested in our abdomens to further his inflated statistics and further his own research. He's clearly not caring/empathetic physician. I recommend looking elsewhere. You'll get only 15 minutes of his time before you hit the table.

September 9th, 2009

I find it very sad that a person would work so hard and study for so many years to become a physician then make it well known to the patient that he doesn't like patients and only cares about his work. The most non-empathetic, uncompassinate, arrogant person I have ever met.

April 1st, 2017