Dr. Roy Fleischmann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

July 18th, 2013
Medical Records
My reviews are mixed. I saw Dr. Fleischmann between 1993 and 1999. His bedside manner was as described by others (telling me to shut up, etc., etc.) but I accepted that. It was, in a way, humorous. It was likely a defensive position for having to deal with cranky, older patients and people in general who don't take good care of themselves and come to visit him expecting him to do everything when much is up to them.. The best doctors I have had always cut to the chase and treated me like a bit like a child because I deserved as much. Dr.. Fleischmann tried to beat me down with the importance of losing weight and avoiding a fatty liver and he was right. I deserved to be occasionally yelled at for not taking better care of myself. I considered him an excellent doctor. He very diligently took my bloodwork to monitor my SPGOT and other liver enzymes. He always measured my range of motion and always transcribed into that recorder that someone else found annoying. This method is more efficient and less error prone than reading chicken-scratchings. He worked with me to change my medications when I developed an allergic reaction to indomethacin. His staff was always courteous. Blood was drawn right in the office and always done painlessly, four times per year, I stopped seeing him in the late 1990s because of insurance reasons after a job change. I liked my new doctor so there was no need to change back – but I would in a heartbeat. I was a little disappointed recently when I called Medical Records and asked for a summary of my weight and blood pressure and heart rate for all those office visits (3 or 4 per year) in the 1990s. I was charting my weight after bariatric surgery. The Medical Records lady listened to me, including my willing to sign any HIPPA release forms and then put me on hold and came back to tell they do not keep records older than 7 years which gave me the feeling I was being blown off. I emailed the staff “info” address on 07/18/13 and asked them to appeal to Dr. Fleischmann himself and indicated I was unemployed and could not afford some steep cost to do this, beyond perhaps $25 max. I stated it was hard to believe they didn't have those records. I await a reply. I believe some over-reaching staff member told the lady who was helping me on the phone and put me on hold, to “get rid of me” (rhetorically speaking) with that incredulous remark (including the follow-up answer to what happens to those older records and being told **records older than seven years are destroyed**). So, while this doesn't reflect on Dr. Fleishmann directly, it does not speak well for his practice to blow off requests like this - leaving the only recourse some legal demand for discovery - which of course I am not about to do. I will update this post if this is resolved or I learn they really do destroy such records.. And by the way, all my other doctors have records going back *forever*. (20+ years).

June 24th, 2013
Great doctor!
OK, so Dr. Fleischman's bedside manner is different...he's from New York for goodness sake! If you want "warm and fuzzy" go someplace else; however, if you want an exceptionally knowledgeable and competent doctor , this is the man. He has been treating my 86 year old husband for RA over 15 years and we could not be more pleased with the results. We drive over two hours to Dallas because we know he is the expert in his field. We have full confidence in Dr. Fleischman and his staff is outstanding.

July 9th, 2012
Incredible Doctor
Dr. Fleischmann and his staff are outstanding. Brought from seriously considering retirement/disability to working full time, with energy and enthusiasm. Some may think he doesn't spend as much time as they like, however, the truth is, the Doctor is sensitive to making other patients wait, and wants to be prompt at each appointment. I find it refreshing, as he is considerate that I'm busy, and taking time from work day for the appointment.He is also completely thorough in his diagnosis and care, making sure I understand the issues and prescriptions, presenting me with options with all pro's and con's.I sincerely appreciate him.

June 6th, 2011
What a jerk
Dr. Fleischmann was absolutely horrible to me on the two visits we had with him. He told me to be quiet on many occassions, told me he did not care, my old doctors where all crazy, and so on. His bedside manner was AWFUL and all he did the whole time he met with me was talk in that little microphone to his computer. On the first visit, we were at his office 30 minutes early and he came into our exam room and yelled at me for him being behind schedule. We were there for nearly 4 hours! I would not recommend this man to anyone. He is more self absorbed than an actual doctor. However he is honest, he really doesn't care!

May 18th, 2011
This doc has the social skills and bedside manner of a toad. He was rude to office staff and me, left me sitting in a paper gown with the door wide open TWICE while he left the room, silenced me with his hand when he didn't like what I was saying, and when performing a test that hurt and I told him so, he raised his voice and said, "I don't care how much it hurts, just do it!". I have never been treated so horridly in my life.

February 11th, 2011
I have been going to this doctor for over a year and he has yet to diagnose my problem or fully control my symptoms. he takes more pride in talkinginto his tape recorder than he does listening to his patients and then maybe he will get the the notes correct. His assistant Jean is a very caring individual, although sometimes she is not sure what she should do as far as treatment because she does not want to irritate the Dr, Fleischman to much. Jennifer his nurse is really nice too. As far as, recommending this doctor to anyone else that would be a no!!

June 2nd, 2010
Bedside manner was deplorable. He actually said "now, what else were you moaning and groaning about?", at one time during the visit. When I tried to elaborate on a question, he held his hand up to quiet me as if I were a bother to him. Jean, his assistant, was caring and very thorough and professional, as was his nurse, Jennifer. Office staff was very efficient. Other doctors there might be worth a try, but I have already found a replacement for Dr. Fleischmann!

November 6th, 2009
Not a great experience with this doctor
I don't usually complain about medical issues, but this is worth noting. I went to this doctor 6-8 times over the course of 1.5 years and he could not diagnose my issues. That was not the problem. The problem was his horrible bedside manner. Zero interest in me, my pain, my weird symptoms or any recovery. 2000 percent interest in typing up (often incorrectly) the medical notes on my visit (so he could continue to receive grant/study money??) I was interrupted rather than listened to - and was actually called "crazy" as a "joke" several times, when he was unable to diagnose my symptoms. Not someplace I would ever recommend to anyone. Felt like a number here, not a living patient. Found a new doc now - and she is lovely. Great bedside manner and skill set.